PDA

View Full Version : Danchuck Dealers

557B210
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Danchuck guys.....How hard would it be to put together a list of Danchuck dealers by state and post it at your website?....I, for one, would rather drive a few miles and see the part that I'm buying, rather than pay the shipping and deal with returns(if necessary).

mickeywestsr
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Good idea David.........how is the Family doing? Jacque said tell everyone Hi.

557B210
11-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks Mickey....Wife & mom doing fine....Still reminising over the Somerset trip.

Hard to believe there's not more interest in the thread.:confused0006:

3 Tri-Fives
11-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I am on board too. I think it is a great idea. I found a dealer in Iowa Falls that I have visited to pick up parts. It is still quite a hike for me though.

dons classics and hot rod
11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
to make a list of distributors and put it out there would probably cause them to lose money.. u would buy from a distributor rather from them.... i buy at dealers price then sell all items at 5% off book price.and ship worldwide ..they get less that way than selling to u dirrect.. also. i have around 10-15k worth of 55-57 parts , and it seams that i still have to order items when people call or come over.. to carry everything from danchuck would be impossible.( at least for me.. i dont have 1000000 to invest in stock. don dons classics and hot rods 619-980-1243

5ive5ive
11-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I live close by a dealer, Caldwell Classics. He attends a lot of the shows around Charlotte and Pigeon Forge. He is a large dealer, most of my new stuff came from him, he used to have a catalog. Charles... :bowtieb:

557B210
11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
to make a list of distributors and put it out there would probably cause them to lose money.. u would buy from a distributor rather from them.... i buy at dealers price then sell all items at 5% off book price.and ship worldwide ..they get less that way than selling to u dirrect.. also. i have around 10-15k worth of 55-57 parts , and it seams that i still have to order items when people call or come over.. to carry everything from danchuck would be impossible.( at least for me.. i dont have 1000000 to invest in stock. don dons classics and hot rods 619-980-1243

Don....I should think Danchuck would rather have me buying their parts from one of their dealers than driving down the road to Eckler's to buy their parts.....Or better yet buying from H&H or East Coast Chevy....That way they would make some money, rather than no money.

Keeping their dealers a big secret is baloney.

Rick_L
11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Keep in mind that H&H and East Coast Chevy most certainly sell many Danchuk parts too. I would guess that Danchuk's first desire is that you buy Danchuk parts no matter where they are retailed. The rest of it is just details.

The other thing about this request is there are a LOT of Danchuk dealers, and at different levels. From a guy selling the stuff out of the back of a 57 wagon at a swap meet, to Eckler's and other big retailers, and everything in between including Ebay. It's probably a big moving target.

567chevy
11-07-2010, 12:49 PM
David,
Your request should be directed to Danchuk.
They know who their dealers are, and could publish a world wide list of dealers and their location/contact info.

The problem at Danchuk is that they only manufacture a small percentage of the parts they carry in their catalog. These are the parts that are deep discounted to their Dealers. The rest of the parts they buy from other Chevy parts manufacturers( IE Ecklers) ( And there are a lot of them) which they retail.
So a list would cut into retail sales for Danchuk.
If I were Danchuk I would not publish a list and loose over 50 percent of my business.
Would you??
Having been a 1955-1972 Chevy Parts dealer, It was up to me to advertise my business as being a danchuk dealer. I published my own catalog, put up our own website, advertised in the National old car trader, and attended about 30 car show/Swap meets a year.
As Don said, you can never have enough inventory on hand.
I carried over $100,000.oo in stock from over 50 567 Chevy manufacturers
and sometimes that was not enough when a customer would call.

This forum should be enough for you or any other Tri5 member to find your local Danchuk dealer.
Good luck in your hunt.

Rick_L
11-07-2010, 02:06 PM
567. good insight and description of the situation.

557B210
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Your explanations make about as much sense as theWalker Exhaust company, or many others, for that matter, not having a dealer locator at their websites....See link:http://hosted.where2getit.com/walker/ Don't think they are worried about going out of business any time soon.

567chevy
11-08-2010, 03:39 AM
You are comparing apples to oranges.
What is the size of walker product line? 100 parts.
They probably manufacture all of it themselves.

What is the size of Danchuks product line? Thousands of parts. What percentage of these parts do they actually manufacture?
You would be surprised at the small percentage.

Besides your concern is a Non-Issue. Danchuk has a toll free number and if anyone is looking for a dealer in their area, all they have to do is call them.

If it weren't for the likes of Danchuk and Eklers, you and I would not be able to drive our chevy's today

557B210
11-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Danchuk has a toll free number and if anyone is looking for a dealer in their area, all they have to do is call them.

Although a weak attempt, this is the first helpful thing you've attempted to express thus far.....And that's what the site is supposed to be for.

I even have to disagree with the above......This is the 21st century.....Why not utilize the computer?

"You are comparing apples to oranges....What is the size of walker product line? 100 parts......They probably manufacture all of it themselves......What is the size of Danchuks product line? Thousands of parts. What percentage of these parts do they actually manufacture?"
I guess I'm supposeed to find a company with a bigger product line for you....Not going to happen.....They are out there......You do it.

I posted this thread in the Danchuck section of our website......Hoping for them to respond and everyone here to see.....Not just me....That is a way of communicating with them.....They most likely reply, when they get a chance, during the week.

Also, as dealers of Danchuck products, I don't get the resistance you and Don have to the listing.....I should think the it woud only generate you more business.

Rick_L
11-08-2010, 08:48 AM
I think the explanation was not defending the fact that they don't, just explaining how it is and some of the factors. It's easy enough to find a parts dealer. To me the Walker analogy doesn't stick, as their manufacturing, distribution, and retail is the same for all their products. That isn't so for Danchuk. Walker only does manufacturing. Danchuk does manufacturing, wholesaling, and retailing.

chevman57
11-08-2010, 11:06 AM
David,
Your request should be directed to Danchuk.
They know who their dealers are, and could publish a world wide list of dealers and their location/contact info.

It is directed to Danchuk since the thread was started in the "Danchuk" forum. Look where you are replying in.
Terry

567chevy
11-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Terry,
You are right. The thread was started in the Danchuk forum.
Just for the record I was a Danchuk dealer some time ago, I now no longer am
or have been for the last 3 years.
Also for the record, I still stick with my Apples and Oranges analogy.

Lets let Danchuk respond to Davids question of why they dont publish a list of all their world wide dealers on their website.

Just as an FYI to David and all Tri5 members;
This maybe the age of computors, but while I was in business I found that about 50 percent of my customers did not know how to operate a computor
and refused to learn. They would much rather pick up the phone and call our toll free # to talk to a live body( Customer Service) about their car and the parts they needed to purchase. If we needed to communicate electronically, they would get their friends or kids to send me emails.
The point I'm making here is that the demographic of the Tri5 owner is not your everyday computor whiz.

dcs13
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm still a newb, but have a thought on this. I need some sheet metal now. I'd much rather drive over to a Danchuk dealer and pick up my stuff and save shipping on these big items. If shipping is too much, I would consider buying from another supplier that I could drive to. Danchuk has a good reputation and I would rather deal with them, but there comes a "tipping point" (for me at least)...

Rick_L
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
dcs, I think there is a 55-57 parts dealer in Arlington, maybe more than one.

Also check with H&H Classics in Bentonville, AR. I think they are a sponsor here, at least they were. They are good folks, they have a lot of inventory, I get UPS ground from them in 2 days to Houston. They also attend swap meets and events all over the TX/OK area and beyond. If you buy prior to one of these events, they'll have it for you to pick up if you ask for that, and you'll save shipping. They also don't charge TX sales tax. If you just want to see the part, they'll probably still bring it.