Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Father In Law

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Lloyd's 55 R.I.P 7-10-2016 
#1 ·
Here's a little update on my father in law Skip Dunderman. Three weeks ago Saturday he fell down the stairs and fractured his skull, broke five ribs and punctured a lung. Last Wednesday he was released from ICU, and put in a regular room. Yesterday he went to a full medical type rest home where, his feeding tube can be monitored by a licensed nurse. He had his bout with infections and pneumonia, but he came through. Had he not been of good heath he would have not survived at the age of 87. He had quite a bout with mental issues because of his injuries, but the MDs kept telling him he was going to come back. Dad exercised for years by walking several times a week. So a word to the wise, exercise does make a difference.

#2 ·
Very sad to hear of your Father-in-Law's recent fall and hospital stay, John. Glad he is doing better now and out of ICU, though.

My Mother-in-Law is near the same age and has been in a nursing home following hospital stay a couple of times over the past 8 years. Each time, she has managed to get better and has now been living at her home for several years since her last hospital stay.

Our family will keep your Father-in-Law in our thoughts and prayers and we wish him a full and speedy recovery that he may come home once again and enjoy living on his own or with family.

G-d bless,

Harry and Family

#10 ·
Thanks guys. He has a lot of friends, their is always someone up there visiting him. He's been telling me for the past five years he has lost all of his, which is true, the long time are gone, but he's pretty respected by a great many younger one's from church, bowling and other activities he's involved in.

#12 ·
You are Blessed. Sound like a Man I would love to know. A survivor. The Best guys Never Give Up. No doubt you will continue to honor a Good man. :congrats: :shakehands: :bowtier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.