Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

STUCK DOOR LOCK

10K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Dirt bag 
#1 ·
On my 57 4 door my rear passenger door is stuck in the lock position. I tried to pull the lock button up but it is stuck some how. My car was recently restored a few yrs back including the interior. I don't want to start removing things but I am afraid that's the only way I am going to get the darn thing unstuck. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
My first question would be.....Can you get the dooor open to access the door panel?

#5 ·
Not sure about the rear window on a 4dr, but if it will roll all the way down, maybe you could spray some WD-40 thru the window and door crack near the lock rod. Can't see why it froze up so quickly after restore, unless it sits outside. Could be that something broke or moved. :anim_25:

#6 ·
What compounds things on a four door is the fact that the lock is in front and the latch is in the rear.....So, the locking action changes from vertical to horizontal and then back to vertical again.

#11 ·
stuck lock

I know this is an old tread but I just had this problem . If your door latch rod from handle to latch is too long the pull up lock will not budge,gently move inside door handle toward open position while pulling up lock , it will come up ,after open adjust rod shorter. Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.