Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Car Clubs local and international

29K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  bsa_bob 
#1 ·
Guys,

This is just a shot in the dark. I don't belong to a car club. I might do it when I get the engine back in my car but I was thinking...usually a dangerous thing. :rolleyes:

I would like to chat with some of you that belong to car clubs, I want to see how they are orginized. What can you expect from your club, what your club needs from you. Do you have officers in place. are there fees and if so what are they used for. That type of information. I would guess most car clubs have a similar orginization.

What my thinking is and I would really appreciate your ideas, is starting a worldwide car club that carries the TriFive name logo etc. After all we already have the shirts, the stickers.:):):)

What I am thinking is if someone in a small town or urban area wants to start a club we could have the orginizational format available to anyone that wants to use it. I am not sure how to handle the liability issues, but that should be the least of the concerns.

We could have hundreds of TriFive Chevy clubs springing up around the world. Ok maybe thats a bit optomistic.:rolleyes:

So what I know about this is absolutly nothing. It is more of a suggestion to see if there would be in interest.

Please let me know what you think.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I belong to Rhode Island Chevy Owners Association. We have all of the normal officers: Pres, VP, Sect, Treas etc.... Dues are $20 per year. We put on an all chevy show every year and have a weekly cruise night. The $$$ we raise are donated to Make A Wish and Ronald McDonald House. We set up events for all members to participate in. Today was a cruise on Main St. Putnam Conn. which we traveled to as a group of 16 cars from our club. Next weekend all are invited to got to the drive-in as a group( with a pot luck supper). Our anual club picnic will be on the following Sunday and our meeting is the last Wed of the month. We also have scheduled for a Sat in Sept. a "dinner and a play evening" for those who are interested in participating. Our cruises are on Friday nights, but a lot of times we will cruise as a club to another cruise on Saturday night. Sometimes we will go mini-golfing or just get together to go out to dinner in the winter.
Dave
New cruise pics here http://picasaweb.google.com/sealedavid

#9 · (Edited)
Not so you would notice

I am going to make a sticky out of it. I have a lot of data to collect. I understand that there are officers, President, vice president, seceretary but I need a little input on thier job descriptions. Recomended dues. I think I will collect this and introduce it in the fall newsletter.

Lots to due, still looking for information.

Cheers,

Gary

#10 ·
I belong to both a trifive only club and a any type car club, I like variety:D

They are inexpensive, $25.00 a year, covers newsletters, events and stuff like that. Its fun getting together with the ones in the group, some are just more fun than others:eek: We just had a bunch from the club all get together at Reno. We also do tech sessions where we all get together and try to work on a members car, but like what was said before we mostly EAT:D

Randy

#11 ·
We had a club here in the '70's....Metro Chevys Association. Not many of the members around anymore. They had officers and board members. The only thing I remember that was tough, was getting help when needed to do a show, fund raiser and so on.....

We all have different ideas on how to do things....try to get a group of more than ten to agree on something without problems and you have done something!

It would be a great idea and I would help anyway I could.

Pete

#16 ·
Tri Five Aussie style

We are in Perth Australia, We are in the middle of our car season at the moment.
We have a very good group of people with all types of tri fives.
We get out heaps and go on most car runs.
I think we have around 50 odd members.

Cheers Rhys

#17 · (Edited)
There is another club located in NSW, Australia

not a member of this club, or any other club, no point until i get a tri-five

here is a web address http://www.nswchevclub.com/

I believe if you were to start a club here, it would absolutely awesome, but the biggest problem would be covering all states, and international members.

#20 ·
I am founder and pres of Wicked Rides car club we now have chapters threwout the us canada and poland. It is a free club , no dues no meeting only once in a blue moon we have a online meeting , no bs.
So far we are up and running almost 6 years with no problems or bs you sometimes get in clubs that have dues.
To join all you have to do is sign up on our message board
www.wickedridesnj.com

#21 ·
Sticky that would be awesome! I know we have tri-fives in the central Arkansas area but no clubs come to mind, even with permission if I can get ole pretty (my car) off the stands when there is another car event around here I would put up a Tri-Five.com banner and see what springs up! Would love to get a club together...I'll see if I can chase down some of the other 5-6-7's i've seen around and pole for interest, and let you know the next time I hear of an event in the central Arkansas area that I can/will attend! :bowtieb:

#22 ·
I can see this was started quite a while ago, but thought I'd add anyway.

We have a Tri-five only club here in Adelaide, South Australia. I haven't been to a meeting in close to a year, but it was going OK when I was last there. Small group, but they put on a good show once a year.

They include all GM cars in the tri-five years, so even the Holdens of those years are represented.

Thought someone may be interested in this info.

#23 ·
55,56,57 car club of victoria australia

Hi all,
Did anything ever come to together with the worldwide car club idea.

I recently joined the 55,56,57 chev car club (victoria australia) A good bunch of guys all super happy to help fellow tr-fivers in need of advice.
www.567chevclub.org.au

Hope all is good in the world of tr-five car shows & car clubs.:blowtiedb:

#24 ·
Hi all,
Did anything ever come to together with the worldwide car club idea.

I recently joined the 55,56,57 chev car club (victoria australia) A good bunch of guys all super happy to help fellow tr-fivers in need of advice.
www.567chevclub.org.au

Hope all is good in the world of tr-five car shows & car clubs.:blowtiedb:
This is a world wide car club:tu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.