Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1956 chevy gasser from Iowa "the patriot" what happened to it?

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rj57 
#1 ·
In the late 70s I came across a 56 210 2 dr. sedan gasser for sale in Iowa. It was red white and blue with "The Patriot" on the sides. It was a really cool car, with straight axle, glass front, engine set back with alum. interior. No engine or trans was in it. I was too young at the time to buy it and build it, but does anyone know what happened to it? I am currently building a car and am not interested in buying the car (I don't think :)), but it made an impression on me. I did take a picture of it, and may post it if I find it in the next couple days. What do you know about the car??:tu

Kurt

#4 ·
Dave, I believe it was probably within a 100 mile radius of Waverly, Iowa-waterloo to Charles City to Mason City area. I'm still looking for the pic. I'm confident I will find it. I think I remember the windows in the doors operated like the two lane blacktop car.

Thanks,
Kurt

#8 ·
Randy, I was born and raised in Waterloo, and I was at the N.E.I.T.A. dragstrip almost every weekend from when they opened in 1965 until I moved away in 1968... Later, Dave

#9 ·
I graduated from NIACC (Mason City) in 1978 and also frequently attended races at Neita. I don't recall it but I'll ask around when I meet up with some of my friends from the area again. I too would like to see that picture. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.