Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Nomad Roof Repair..........

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Busted_Knuckles 
#1 ·
The Roof on my 55 is in Need of some serious Help, I Did a Search here for Nomad Roof Repair & Got Nothing. What would be the Best way of Repairing this Area, Has me stumped due to the Rib's that would have to be Maintained..............

Here are a Few Pics of my Problem's, Thanks for any Help.

Rick

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I remember seeing a complete roof for sale in eBay recently, and I think it was reasonably priced. These cars are rare, so a good replacement roof is going to be hard to find. If the roof is good, it's likely the rest of the car is decent.

I think it's going to be a challenge to fix that rust damage. A good metal man (MP&C :D) could make pieces to fix it, I'm sure. ;)

#3 ·
The Roof on my 55 is in Need of some serious Help, I Did a Search here for Nomad Roof Repair & Got Nothing. What would be the Best way of Repairing this Area, Has me stumped due to the Rib's that would have to be Maintained..............

Here are a Few Pics of my Problem's, Thanks for any Help.

Rick
At one point or another, "NewMad" by SAR had some great shots of the roof repair they performed on that project. I looked, but they have condensed it, eliminating thos particular shots. You might contact them to see if they have it archived in completeness and might share it with you.

#8 ·
All I can say is wow, I thought mine was bad I guess I shouldn't complain. I have a buddy who had a Nomad roof from a 56 for sale but can't say weather or not he still has it. He was asking $1000 which isn't a bad price considering all the work you have ahead of you. If your interested PM me and I can put you in touch with him and let you guys work out the deal. Not a job for the faint hearted thats for sure but as my buddy says anything is fixable

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.