Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

My wife's '56 Townsman Wagon Project...

82K views 441 replies 63 participants last post by  belairv8 
#1 · (Edited)
after several months of searching, we have found a '56 wagon for my wife's grocery getter and our next family project. We picked up this very nice '56 210 4 door Townsman wagon, that is complete, in the back woods of Pennsylvania today. It is very original with very little rust. The front fenders and hood are rust free and were off the car when we picked it up. It has original 265 / 3 speed on the column. We will be starting on her this week and hoping to have her completed by next summer.

All loaded up...

All smiles...

A close up of the patina...

At home in the driveway...

Just need to keep her positioned in the shop tonight and ready for the work to begin. GearHeadJake will probably be up and out in the shop by 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning!

See less See more
#20 ·
#23 · (Edited)
GearHeadJake and Grandpa A worked about 10 hours on the wagon today. It was Jake's last day of summer break...school starts tommorrow for him. They got the interior all out and down in the mancave. They only found 2 very small rust spots in the all original floor. We are very happy about that!

Jake got every thing bagged and tagged before putting away...

Mom was very happy to see work beginning on the wagon...

Allegro Mark IV a/c unit...got to learn about it!

So interior is out and the minor floor repair should be completed on Wednesday, our next chance to work on it. We will then paint the interior floor to protect for now. I'll post more floor pics later.

#32 · (Edited)
Tonight Jake finished removing the stainless trim and gutting the doors. He said there were some really rusty little screws holding on the door stainless! But not a speck of rust on the doors. He also got the old A/c unit removed. Hoping to have more pictures tomorrow. Teardown is really not that exciting to photograph! :sign0020:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.