Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

signaw tranny

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ndpolston 
#1 ·
my throw out bearing went bad and I want to replace it as well as check out the pressure plate, clutch plate and fly wheel. I've removed the tranny and it has been gone thru and is good to go. My problem is getting the bell housing off. I pretty sure there is a bolt some where I am missing or a stud or something. The motor is a 1967 327 out of a biscayne the tranny is a signaw 3 speed synconized. Any ideas or suggestions or answers will be really great.:confused:

#2 ·
Remove the rear mounts (with the motor supported) and there are 6 and in some cases 7 bolts around the edge of the bell housing holding it to the block. Some bell housing have a bolt at the very top and some do not. Once these are all out, the bell housing has two dowels. One on each side between the two lowest two bolts on each side. Sometimes you need to tap on the bell housing to get it off the dowels. There really isn't anything else holding it on.

#3 ·
Should be 6 bolts holding it on the bellhousing. It could be sticking on the 2 dowel pins, one on each side. If the bolts are out try gently prying out. Terry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.