Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1964 Impala Sport Coupe

14K views 52 replies 28 participants last post by  iveys57 
#1 ·
I was scanning the local ads the other day , and found this car that I could not pass up. It is a 1964 Impala Sport Coupe, all original black with a red interior. The car has spent its entire life within 30 miles of me. It has the factory 327 four barrel, and powerglide. The paint looks great, but the interior probably needs replacing. Overall, it's a pretty neat survivor car.

See less See more
#6 ·
:tu:tu

#18 ·
Looks like a very nice solid car. You're going to love it. What a great cruising car. I bought my '64 SS two years ago in Louisiana. I would drive mine anyplace and not be afraid of it. If I was smart, I'd get rid of my other cars and just keep this one. Best wishes with it, Carmine.

#19 ·
After driving the Impala, I have decided to purchase a new interior. I'm probably going to order from Ciadella, and get the factory red interior kit. Recently, I also got some different wheels put on it, and they give the car a better appearance than the hubcaps in my opinion. Overall, I'm planning on driving, and restoring it a little at a time, because it doesn't really need a frame off since it's in good original condition.

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
After receiving my new Ciadella interior, I decided it would probably be best to repaint the car, and do it right the first time, instead of doing a halfway job. The original plan was to drive the car as is, since the paint looked good before, but the door jams needed painting, as well as a few other things. So, I decided that it would be better to spend the money to paint the entire car, instead of wasting money on a lot of spot paints.

Before:

After:

The full interior was also removed after the picture.

Before:

After:

All after a good day's worth of work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.