TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy  56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice

TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice (https://www.trifive.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Performance Products (https://www.trifive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Do CPP actually reply to threads here??? (https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205332)

kerrynzl 05-18-2019 06:51 PM

Do CPP actually reply to threads here???

6 Attachment(s)
Or is this just another "drama queen" section for members?

I just purchased a pair of CPP [Chinese Pathetic Parts] lower ball joints which should have been a simple bolt in replacement.

Surprise surprise!! I would like to meet the "rocket scientist" that designed this

The standard Chevy ball joint housing is a 2 piece design that has 6 rivets [4 on the top under tension and 2 on the side under shear]
The sides of the ball joint fit snugly inside the channel shaped stamping of the A-arm.

The problem with the CPP design is the top plate is 6mm [1/4"] wider than the OEM version and wouldn't fit inside the A-Arm [if they did it would be impossible to tighten up the side bolts .

A simple fix would be to take a grinder and flap disc and trim back the top plate.........but please note that in my country Taking a grinder to suspension components is illegal
And in the USA where citizens have the propensity for suing each other ,this would not be a good business policy.

It is piss poor quality control for parts that get shipped to the other side of the world and deemed unusable as is.

What do CPP have to say about this.

nomadawhat 05-19-2019 01:16 AM

Guess the answer is "no" - there are other threads on here asking for a response - of course no answer from CraPP.

Their rep has not posted on the site for nearly 2 years. That rep had a hard time taking any negative feedback.

Did you pay via Paypal? If so, I would lodge a claim on the basis of wrong/not suitable parts. If thru Visa, not sure how you would go about getting a refund from your bank.

Otherwise I would send a complaint directly to the company and ask how they intend to remedy it.

Cheers, Des

angs1957 05-19-2019 03:06 AM

They should be checking in here especially if they are a sponsor, I would think that they listen to their customer base not ignore them.

kbuhagiar 05-19-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angs1957 (Post 2232062)
They should be checking in here especially if they are a sponsor, I would think that they listen to their customer base not ignore them.

Can the Admins or Moderators exert any pressure on CPP to monitor their forum and respond? Seems pointless otherwise...

chevman57 05-19-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Can the Admins or Moderators exert any pressure on CPP to monitor their forum and respond? Seems pointless otherwise...

DavidY 05-19-2019 07:10 PM

Why bother having a sponsor who won't provide customer service? If they can't answer then why allow them to advertise for business? There are plenty of other sponsor/advertisers who can and will help.

Rick_L 05-19-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Their rep has not posted on the site for nearly 2 years.
CPP has almost no customer service. You're pretty much on your own no matter how you try to communicate with them. I would recommend that you buy any CPP products from a big retailer with good customer service - let them deal with CPP. If you use CPP at all.

Standard mode of operation when buying CPP control arms is throw away any ball joints that come with them and buy real ones.

You got lucky they didn't fit - you might have used them and that could cause much worse.

SLIM 05-19-2019 08:44 PM

What happened to their mouthpiece, Darren or Aaron?

Rick_L 05-19-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Why bother having a sponsor who won't provide customer service? If they can't answer then why allow them to advertise for business?
They are allowed to be a sponsor because they send the site money. 'Nuff said.

TheHotrodHandyman 05-19-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLIM (Post 2232430)
What happened to their mouthpiece, Darren or Aaron?

Their person bailed out when the whole defective pitman arm thing hit the threads here, Not much input or answers from them since.