Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

2019 South Eastern Michigan Car Show Schedule

949 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  49cadillac 
#1 · (Edited)
Everyone,

I am VERY pleased to present to you all a list of car show for the 2019 season for those of you that live in the South Eastern Michigan area. Now, I won't be going to all of these shows but I always try my best to try and hit most of them!!

Enjoy!!

Attachments

#9 ·
Reminds me of my Dad's oft repeated exasperation back in the fifties when I was a kid still living at home. We lived in Wayne, not far from Romulus, during WWII. For years and years he used to gripe about "The Army" (Dad was too old to serve in the war - the Army was the Air Force back then) and how "The Army" wasted gasoline.
His complaint stemmed from the practice of flying new B24s from the factory at Willow Run over to Romulus Field (todays Detroit Metro International), about 10 air miles, and then supposedly draining the Avgas onto the ground/runway from the planes that would sit for a while until time to be flown elsewhere. Given that Ford was eventually producing B24s at a rate of one per hour, a huge quantity of fuel could have potentially been dumped. "And here we couldn't get any gas because of rationing while right next door they were wasting countless gallons #$^(*&%". Always seemed to me that he had a point . And since that fuel would have been leaded it's probably a good thing that the entire area is now paved over with runways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.