Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1957 Front & Rear Bumpers

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  oldchey57 
#1 ·
Where is the best place to purchase bumpers for my 57. I like the show quality finish.

#8 · (Edited)
The ends for the rear 57 bumper in repro do not appear to fit well or they are hit and miss. The rear bumper guards are not in reproduction at all. I got an original re chromed center from one of our sponsors, concourse at the 2015 nationals. Then I sent two ends and a pair of rear bumper guards up to don's east coast Chevy (not ol 55 east coast Chevy) and they rechromed the originals. They came back looking terrific. I don't have them on the car yet but I am sure it will fit the car being original gm.

#10 ·
Bumpers

The cost difference is the amount of work required before plating, dents, scrapes, pits, rust. etc. If you have good cores and you can trust a plater, go that way. I don't have anybody locally because of environmental issues and I have sent rare parts for plating and they were "lost".

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.