Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

We lost John (JONINOMADER) today!!!!

10K views 110 replies 76 participants last post by  maddogs1965 
#1 · (Edited)
It is with a very sad and HEAVY heart that i have to let you guys know we lost John (JONINOMADER) today....

John was a VERY close friend to me, and a brother i never had...

He will be sadly missed...

R.I.P. my FRIEND and I will see you on the other side...:p3:

See less See more
#92 ·
Video

I attempted to add videos to the obituary web site we did back when John's Nomad was trailered to Truckee for several weeks of upgrading done at Rick's. The obituary site would not accept direct uploading of my hi def MTS video files so I cut and pasted You Tube links so folks can view the videos. We'll see if it works...it takes awhile for update to appear.

Videos:

1) Trip to Truckee

2) Progress in Truckee

3) Return Trip to Brookdale

#93 ·
Great Pics guys!!!!! :)

It sounds like it is going to be at least a month before Johns famialy spreads Johns ashes, and they are still up in the air about having a celebration of life for him.

Tasha and I have been talking about having our own bowtie-trifive get together for him, but instead of holding it our house in Truckee, maybe at a park somewere down in Sac so it is a half way point for everybody to attend. Kind of what Ron (travelsclown ) famialy did for him.

I have been working on the Nomad these past couple of weekends working out a couple of sqeaks that have been driveing me crazzy, and just trying to make sure she is road worthy so I can start driving the Nomad down to the Sac and Pleasanton car shows this summer, and a possible trip back to B.G. with it in August. Of course if I do make the trip again, the Nomad will be on or in a trailer... I could not afford to drive that 468 B.B. all the way out there and back :sign0020:

#97 ·
That has been the plan for almost a year, the only difference now is John is not alive to see it in person. :(

He wanted me to run the Nomad down the 1/4 mile, and see what that old girl and fresh 468 would do. When John was younger, his sister was dating one of the workers at a race track, so he grew up at the drag strip with all the gassers.

MAN!!!! I ALREADY MISS HIS STORY'S AND LAUGHTER...:(

#105 ·
Rick, very sorry to hear of John's passing. I know he was a very close friend of yours and no doubt, a huge friend to everyone in the Tri-Five community as well.

Even though we knew his time was near, I also know it’s never easy for those who are closest to him and we pray God grant him peace and comfort for his close friends and family during this difficult time.

John was one of the first to welcome me to Tri-Five when I joined years ago and I always looked forward to reading his post. I don’t know how he did it, but over the years John seemed to have the uncanny ability to follow everyone’s project. John always had something positive to say and made everyone feel at ease on the forum. One of the things I admired him for most was he always took the time to comment and encourage everyone with their projects, or other things going on in our lives, especially with his great sense of humor.

He was a huge inspiration to us all. He was admired and respected for what he represented in life, something we all strive for. He was a good man, one of the best I ever had the pleasure of knowing and he will certainly be missed.

John and his friends and family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace my Friend… BDR

#107 ·
Just found out today about John's passing. We have been gone for 3 weeks and also visiting relatives who have health problems and live in Florida. After that I have been battling shoulder issues and they seem to be getting better. Enough about us. As many have said John was one of the first to welcome me on Trifive.com several years ago. One of my first posts I mentioned drag racing in Ohio at Thompson Drag Raceway. Shortly thereafter John sent me several sites related to Thompson raceway.We had a few conversations about that. I thought what a guy he spent time researching that info for someone he just welcomed to the website. Just echoes what many of you have said about his compassion for others. I also never had the opportunity to meet John in person but felt he was a friend. Sorry he has passed but know he is riding high in the sky in a brand new Nomad! And no more suffering. And knowing his Nomad down here is being well taken care of by Rick,Logan, and Tasha. May he rest in Peace and God Bless him!

#109 ·
Thanks for posting John's obituary Rick.

Randy posted his "Celebration of Life" on FB Tri-Five.

Here's a copy and paste of it for those not on FB:-

For those of you that knew John Pollock there will be a celebration of life for
him on Sunday May 21st at Elk Grove Regional Park, 9950 Elk Grove Florin
Rd, Elk Grove, CA 95624.
The memorial is being hosted by Rick and Tasha Peterson. They will supply
hot dogs and hamburgers and guests are asked to bring a side dish or dessert
and their favorite drink. It is scheduled for noon, but whenever you arrive will
do. Please bring your classic if you can as Rick will have John's Nomad there.

If you are going please RSVP by posting what you will be bringing (so we can keep
track of the different foods that will be there) and how many will be going.

John's family and own friends are being invited as well so that the different
sides of John's life can meet and remember him together.

#110 ·
I don't make it on here to often anymore, My 57 isn't much on the priority list. I logged in and seen this, It really saddens me to read it. I never had the chance to meet John however I did get to talk with him on the phone about a dozen times. He purchased a Power Steering Box off me several years back for his Nomad. He was a fun guy to talk with. Wish I had gotten to know him better and meet him in person. Someday, Maybe my 57 will be done and I will have money to be able to cruise and meet alot of you. You all are a Great bunch of people

Shawn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.