Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Trunk and floor coatings?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  roger1 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm finishing up my new floor pan sections and my new trunk floor. I made my own minitubs and closed of my passage compartment for a fuel cell in the trunk and I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on floor coating. Im Looking for something that I can do myself but I'll have to be a brush or roller on thing. I also want it to help seal up my floors my car is not going to be for show just having fun and racing so I don't plan on putting carpet in. I've been looking into stuff like lizard skin and Eastwoods Sound/heat barriers and bedliner but lizard skin needs to be sprayed and the reviews on the Eastwood stuff is that it's just overpriced bedliner. Any opinions will be valued

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Stone....I would put SPI epoxy primer on the bare metal, after you have it properly prepped....You can then brush or spray the primer with a HF gun....Your choice after that for a top coat.

#4 ·
You might look at the SEM bedliner...I think it can be rolled in. I know it can be tinted to whatever color you want, which is a bonus in my book.

I'm thinking of doing the same in my '56...it's just a cruiser, maybe someday I'll put carpet in it. I dunno.

I'd stay away from the cheap bedliners that you can buy at auto parts stores. I've seen guys roll them into truck beds and they look awful.

#7 ·
I've had good luck with Monsta-Liner. Its a DIY product with good uv protection.... It can be tinted, rolled or put down using a Shootz gun.... (like sprayed on bed liner)

Google it, there are a bunch of videos too.

Good luck,
Gil

#8 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
It's been a few years. Yes, SPI did stop making it. It certainly was good stuff.
I have since used SEM Pro-Tex bedliner. It is good stuff but I do think I liked the SPI a little better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.