Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*56 Chieftain Wagon For Sale

8K views 81 replies 17 participants last post by  TheHotrodHandyman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey guys, tell your friends.

I've seen this car in person. It's stunning!

Sounds like a whale of a deal too.

#4 · (Edited)
Could Be Yours

A 56 Pontiac Chieftain has its own unique X-frame with an inch longer wheelbase than a 56 Chevy. They have their own unique 56 grill, bumper, front end sheet metal, fire wall and dash, but from the front fenders back a 56 Pontiac Chieftain wagon is all pretty much 55 Chevrolet wagon including doors, quarter panels, roof, windows, tailgate and rear bumper. Even 55 Chevy taillights will fit the 56 Pontiac wagon. A Pontiac Safari wagon shares much from its Nomad cousin. Interesting GM factory combo.

Aside from side trim changes and nose & deck treatment the only deviation from stock is the S-Type Jaguar headlamps and BBC driveline.

Picture always helps:

#13 ·
Time for a bump!
Any updates?

#15 · (Edited)
I hear ya there , I am thinking about selling the 68 firebird, just got too many to care for and want to go racing. I will soon have an enclosed trailer and be able to get after it again.

#18 · (Edited)
Tomorrow, I plan to drive the Chieftain to Cal Expo for the Sacramento Swap Meet car corral.

There has been a fair amount of interest, but I still have yet to receive an adequate reasonable cash offer...lotsa nuisance low-ballers out there. The last trade offer earlier this week was kinda interesting...a fantasy '33 Chevy roadster PU. No thanks.

#20 ·
The truck looks OK but not my style either. Something about the look just doesn't strike me.

Good luck at the swap meet.

#25 ·
I'd say that is well less than half of what it would cost to build it.
Great deal for someone that has a love for it. I wouldn't think that would take all that long.

I agree. Auctions are not me at all. I can't see myself ever buying or selling at one.

#42 ·
Some guy and his wife drove all the way from Bakersfield the other day to see the Chieftain...liked it very much. We'll see what happens.
There is hope yet. The guy from Bakersfield called me today to apologize for not getting right back to me. It seems his wife got really sick on the way home from my place to Bakersfield to the point she was hospitalized twice.

She apparently has some major health issues. Like I said before...we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.