TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice - View Single Post - Painting Installed Headers
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #18
padilla056

Member #21641
Send a message via Skype™ to padilla056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualfours View Post
Well, first off want to say thanks to all who advised that trying to paint the headers while installed is a waste of time. Want to also mention my question of doing such was NOT relative to "laziness" as mentioned. Lower back issues for many years prevent me from doing a lot things that years ago came as second nature. Now when my back flares up on occasion I can barely stand upright let alone bend over a fender or crawl underneath a car chassis.

Currently on the recovery from a back flare up so at the moment with my back and the car in paint/body process the whole question is on an academic status for some time. When I get the car home and back in my garage then will be the time to remove the headers, bead blast and re-paint. White for sure as they were when I installed them. Just says "old school" to me which is what i am.
Good Luck my friend, if you lived near by I'd say come on over and we'd take care of that,...we're here to help one another.
padilla056 is offline   Reply With Quote