Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

*New Project

7K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  55 tahoe 
#1 ·
I know it's not a Trifive and not even in the same family but just could not pass this up. 1932 Plymouth all steel body and just begging for someone to build it back to life. I was able to pick it up for $2500, so I had to buy it, now have something new to work on. The body is solid with only a few dents and some small rust spots. Will be taking everything off and doing a complete frame off, not sure what I will add but that's half the fun.
Jeff

See less See more
#3 ·
I have always loved that era of car and body style. I would just clean it up and paint it flat hot rod black and have fun with it......

Mikey

#7 ·
What a find! Would make awesome street rod with early Hemi in it...actually, I know one good running engine for sale...fair price too. The shipping over would cost some hefty cash though....:)

#15 ·
Fantastic buy, and a great start for a driving project! Those early Mopars have a great style, and had much better lines than many of the other maker's cars. The roof appears stock to me as that era Dodge and Plymouth had the chopped look stock, and really don't need to be chopped.

#18 ·
Well I could not stop when I started looking, looks like I'm going to go all out on this little project. Next step get body off frame and start the metal work, update the frame and look at suspension upgrades, rebuild or replace motor and trans, looks like a I will be spending some time and a little money on this one. Winter is coming so I need something to do anyway.

#22 ·
We whacked off the ugly front frame horns on my buddy's '35 Plymouth and then welded on '29 Ford frame horns. Bought two pairs so we could sandwich them together to create a boxed end to his rails. Had to trim some off both thicknesses to match them to the Plymouth frame. But it made a nicer frame rail end.

#23 ·
Been a few months since I did any updates on the Plymouth. Got the IFS set and in, will have coil springs. Have been doing the metal work on body, got firewall done, some of the body work, still need to make some patch panels, do the floors then set body back on frame to set motor and trans, brake peddle, steering column and shafts, trans tunnel, seat mounts, I still have a lot to do but having fun. Going to drop this 602 motor in it with a 700r trans.

#26 ·
That Plymouth looks really classy with that subtle color. Very solid build.
That sbc engine in the pictures sure ain't 602..first I thought you gotta be grazy putting that size engine in front of th700 and to that plymouth chassi 😅
Thanks for posting updates.

#28 ·
Ah ok...this 602 crate engine was new to me. Just looked info about it. What kind of bolts are those 'special' bolts that you can't so easy take it apart?
Pretty basic sbc, should run really good indeed.