Project Update Section, Post your Project updates hereThis section is for Project Updates only, So post any updates of your trifive projects. >Do not post tech
questions in this area of the forum = Remember only projects updates should be posted here.
I will get Bertha ready for this Bowling Green one way or another. I have been working on the new floor and have the seat belt anchors welded in place and its 2k epoxy primed. I have been waiting on it to actually clear up here to get some serious paint work done, but it has rained for the past 2.5 weeks pretty much nonstop. The humidity has been about 95-100% the entire time and my crappy compressor can't handle the moisture. Time for a decent compressor and dryer system.
Edit: I have added my checklist from earlier to keep me focused.
Here is the list of what I have remaining to do in the next 334 days. (Blue means completed)
1. Get car back home to Auburn. (Yes, it is in Defuniak Spring FL. right now.)
1. Buy new one piece floor and trunk floor and install
2. Install new rockers (Jason)
3. Install and repair quarter panels
4. Repair rust / dents in roof (Jason)
5. New hood
6. New Cowl (Cowl fixed)
7. Repair dash (knee dent on pass side)
8. New trunk-to-bumper panel install and smooth into quarters
9. Align trunk lid
10. Prep and prime and paint
1. Rechrome side glass frames
2. Buy and install glass. (Vent windows done)
Wiring - install AAW kit I bought
1. Get motor running (already rebuilt)
2. Prep transmission (fluid and install filler tube)
3. Turn front brake rotors (they are new, but rusted a bit in the Florida humidity)
4. Buy and install gas tank (lines are already run)
5. Install steering column and wheel
6. Finish routing and hanging exhaust
1. I already have a complete kit from Gina Ciadella (modified 670 trim). It is ready to install.
2. Install wipers, radio, etc. Just enough to make it fully functional
1. Buy new bumpers (front and rear) and install.
2. Finish polishing all of side trim. I have all of it, it just needs polishing.
3. Get new taillights and install
Thanks! It looks more blue in this photo than it really is. Its really gray with a hint of blue. I am trying for the look of the gray convertible that was in the main arena at Nats last year. I absolutely fell in love with that car.