Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Oregon 55 Gasser

109K views 318 replies 60 participants last post by  MT94SS 
#1 ·
I put this car on another thread with some frame questions but thought I should just do a build thread.
Car has been sitting in the same spot since 1976 near my home. It took some doing and many moons to talk the owner into letting it go. The windows were down for several years with 70s shag carpet so it rusted the floor pans, other than that its pretty good. So here we go on the build.

Most of the original paint in the trunk area..

Floor pans removed, braces were good so I sandblasted them.

See less See more
#316 ·
makes me sad : (

I absolutely agree with your post Jim if I may , the insidious cancer has been with us now for many many years , stealing lives and drowning families in grief , actually makes me angry no cure has been found !!
And then makes me suspicious as to the reasons no cure has been found ?? To say cancer is a big business that can't afford to have a cure found would be awfully negative and unreasonable wouldn't it ???

#315 ·
So sorry to hear of the sad news. I just went over the whole thread and it is just horrible to see such talent gone. My condolences go out to his family and close friends . When I finally get into building my 55 gasser Wades 55 will come to mind so he will not be forgotten. As we all age it is so important to take each day and live to the fullest. I believe for all of us building and enjoying tri five chevies it has such a positive effect on our drive to get the most out of life . What better way to live. God Bless RIP Wade.

#317 ·
56Wade

Sorry to hear about Wade, My best to his family and friends. Wade And I spoke a few times about parts and fitment issues for my 55 gasser. He was always very nice and willing to share his knowledge and advice. I have lost a couple of close friends and family members to Cancer, I mourn with you. God Bless.

#318 · (Edited)
The cancer I had, quite a few years ago now, was considered incurable at the time, and I was given 6 months to live. A buddy told me he was able to get his cancer, the same type as mine, treated by an experimental treatment at the John Wayne Cancer Clinic in Santa Monica, CA. I went there, they put me in this treatment program, a highly experimental treatment involving immunology methods, and it worked! I still get checked every year, but so far, knock on wood!

So they are making progress, but it is a very difficult disease to treat in most cases....

#319 ·
So sad to see another fall to cancer. Prayers to your family.

I don't know anyone who hasn't been affected by cancer. Sister, mother, father, uncle, dad, grandpa, child... wife, husband. My wife is 5 years cancer free, but that is still not a guaranty.

Be nice and love every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.