Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Any info on the Highland/Surf Green ‘57 210 Heritage Spotlight award car?

6K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  mickeywestsr 
#1 · (Edited)
One of my favorite cars at the 2018 Nats was this very nice original spec ‘57 210 2 door post in the Heritage Spotlight room at the host hotel on Thursday. Hood was closed when I saw it but appeared to be a straight 6 car from the blue oil pan, but it had dual exhaust. The paint work was amazing. Reminded me a bit of my ‘57 210 AACA senior car, so I guess I’m a bit biased! That said the dash pic shows the owner as being an ATFA member. I noticed the car had a large framed pic in the back seat, perhaps of the owner taken when he was a kid back in the day? Sadly I caught just a short glimpse of this car when they were closing up for the day. Was this car featured in the ATFA magazine, and/or does anyone here know more about it?

See less See more
#4 ·

The car was originally purchased by the current owners Grandfather. It was given to Lee when his grandfather passed away. It was an excellent restoration done by Mike Goldman out of Meridian MS. The interior is from Ciadella Interiors. I talked to Lee for about an hour.

Mike

#5 ·
CKinTN
The Highland Green 210 is my Car. I wish you had stopped by earlier for a full inspection. The Engine is the original 235 straight 6 however a second 1 barrel carburetor was added during the restoration. With the second carburetor dual exhaust was added along with Vintage Air. This is the 50th anniversary of the car being in my possession. My grandfather died in October of 68 which was just a few months after I turned 16. He had purchased the Car in 1957 a few months prior to his retirement. He also lived just a few miles north of you in Scottsville. Sorry you were not able to check out all the Heritage Cars. As a Car Owner it was an absolute special honor to be in the same room with some fabulous vehicles. Although there could only be one Heritage Car of the Year my reward was just being invited. It was a special Event.
If you have any questions give me a call.
Lee Martin – 601.431.1455

#7 ·
Your car was gorgeous! I believe we had a chance to talk about it, I tried to speak to every owner I could find with a car in that room. Not only is your car a beauty, but an amazing history as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.