Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

new lift on the way

5K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  81LS1Camaro 
#1 ·
Well just finished putting in 10 new led 4' shop lights in the pole barn I can now see in the dark. 4500 lummin looking good. I went and ordered my new lift. Its a 10,000 lb. 2post challanger lift.CLV10 Made in usa in kentucky. It has the offset front arms 3 section front and back arms. The bad news is its going to be a month before I see it though. Can't wait to get it in. I'm pumped.

#10 ·
You will love it.

I went from hitting my head on the frame of the car to hitting my head on the hoist. Much better as I don't have to crawl back out to see in the mirror how bad I'm bleeding.

I love my hoist as do some of my friends.

It is amazing how much easier it makes doing all kinds of things. I sit on a nice comfy stool, lift the car so the wheels are at the right height, and polish them up nicely, check tire pressure, love it. Drives my friends crazy which makes it even better.

#16 ·
As mentioned above, a good quality Hammer drill makes the job alot easier when drilling your concrete anchor holes. I started drilling with a 1/2 drill that has a Hammer function and it was taking forever. I borrowed a real Hammer drill from a buddy and it was like drilling through butter.

#17 ·
Just an update should get lift by the end of March. I ordered my engine hoist and rotating engine stand, 4 jack stands, portable oil drain, 2 hydraulic jacks, engine leveler and some nice wheel dollys the kind that has the jack you jack up and a rack for them. Eastwood brand of go-jacks. finnally getting all the equipment I need. most of the equipment should be delivered tommorow!
Cant hardly wait for that lift.

#18 ·
new lift is here

Well finally got my lift. Ordered it march 2nd. Just a heads up if you are planing on ordering a challanger lift the one made in Kentucky plan on waiting a while cause they are running behind schedule. Got to wait till saturday to get some help to stand it up and get it put in. I am tickeled to death. The lift looks to of good quality and the welds look good.I will post pics after I get installed.

#22 ·
Great addition to any shop, congratulations on your purchase. I added a drive on four post lift to my shop years ago and hope I never have to go without one in the future. The four post is good for resting storage and for work when jacking one or both ends up with the sliding crossmember. When I look back to the days of jacking cars up with a scissors jack, blocking them with wood and working in parking lots and old carports and barns. Passion and energy that I am glad I do not have to expend now.

#25 ·
Well I got the lift installed and will test run it tommorow with a car on it. I will say one thing about challenger lifts they take care of you. After i got it installed and started testing it my overhead limit would not work. I thought it was my wiring but I then discovered that the micro switch for the limit did not click on and off. I called Challenger and they had a switch on my porch the next day!
It works like it should now. I told the guy all I neeed was just the micro switch but he sent the whole assembly. Can't beat that for service. So tomorrow it up up and away! I'm really stoked.
I will post pics tommorrow if I have the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.