Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

torx female screwdrivers

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  55 Tony 
#1 ·
Looking for Female Torx screwdrivers, or maybe a handle with the bits. Not looking for the Security Torx with a round hole in the middle. Looking for the hollow torx shaped ones to remove male torx head screws.
I already have a set of female Torx sockets, but they are too wide at the base to fit into small recessed holes. (like a chain saw carburetor)
Any good suppliers?

#3 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I have never seen a set of female torx screwdrivers, or even inserts for a standard 1/4" hex nutdriver. I do have a set of deep, thinwall female torx sockets like the ones posted, that can reach down pretty deep into recesses. Mine came from Sears, but they were the SK brand shown in the earlier post, and are 1/4" drive.

If somebody make a set of Female Torx screwdrivers, I have never seen any.

Regards, John McGraw

#12 ·
Male/female set at harbor freight
Thanks but no good. Sockets are too short and wide at the base. Actually I think I have that socket set, I have one, forget where I got it. I'll have to measure how deep of a deep socket I would need to adjust my chainsaw carb. Got to stop by Western Auto today and see if he will show me his to see what they look like and what brand they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.