Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Power steering brackets

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Blacky 
#1 ·
Guys, I am looking for a power steering pump setup for a BBC that mounts on the right hand side of the donk - there's about a million different types for the left hand but I am damned if I can find one to suit RHD ???? Anyone here found anything or does it need to be fabbed up from scratch ???

#2 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I'm not positive about this, but you might check a late 60's or very early 70's Corvette big block. It seems like one of those had the P/S pump mounted on the right hand side.

Sorry for the bad info. I just did a little research and it looks like the Corvette pump isn't right hand mount either.

#8 ·
ended up making my own , wasnt that difficult really , made a cardboard template then had it laser cut out of 8mm plate

mocked up a spacer out of timber to get the pump to line up with the pulley and voila ! Will machine a spacer out of aluminium when I can scrounge up some 16mm+ ally plate and the job will be done.

If anyone wants one the bloke who cut it for me can knock up some more, he has kept the drawing in his database.

#10 ·
I tapped the hole on the right hand side , the pump pivots around that hole. The left hand side with the adjustment slot simply has a nut and washer behind it - the back of the pump is flat so it sits hard up against the spacer - very simple , otherwise I wouldnt have been able to work it out :tu:):):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.