Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

** Windshield and rear glass gasket/seal

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Randy 57 
#1 ·
Reinstalling windshield and rear glass in 57 Bel Air 4Dr Hardtop after repaint. Will be replacing front and rear glass gaskets/seals. Anyone have experience, good or bad, with any specific manufacturer - Soffseal, T & N, etc or vendors, eg Danchuk, Ecklers, etc? Haven't done this before - will appreciate any words of wisdom or caution. Thanx.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Also, I have several articles on the subject....Send me a PM with your email address, if you want copies.

#7 ·
my Nomad has a Clester's windshield seal. never touched another seal, so not sure how soft it is to others but the customer service and details with that company has my vote. Purchased a seal for my Nomad from a distributor who was out of T&N, and offered the usual "All but 150" which i was told would fit my car. Got it out of the bag and the tag had specific years of which it would fit, NOT a 56 nomad. tried to install anyways and was too big. Called the distributor, they said my glass was bad and it was my problem. Thankfully they kept the original manufacturers packing so called their customer service and explained what I had, they told me I definitely have the wrong seal, and next day shipped me the correct one without question. Lady on the phone told me that they make 4 seperate windshield seals to the exact dimensions of the original glass book. also break down their rear glass seals per year/model. 5 total. The correct windshield seal I received fit nice and tight, held the stainless trim perfectly and installed easily.

http://www.clestersauto.com/Pages/ChevroletPassengerCars.aspx

#8 ·
Besides the seal be aware that there is different glass out there as well. I am dealing with an issue where I used a T&N seal but turned out I had a cheap brand windshield, thinner thickness and possibly just a bit small as it leaks like a open window, got a new seal and a new better windshield ordered now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.