Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Gas Can/Tank Storage

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  57tim 
#1 ·
With this 100* heat, I become a bit concerned with gas tank/can storage....I have a 6 gallon tank on my engine run stand.....I put the stand in my attached garage today and was leaving for a couple of days, so, I removed the gas tank and put it out in my storage shed.

My thinking was: Its a little hotter out there, but, if something does happen, at least it won't be in the house.....On the other hand, I guess its no different than driving your car into the garage with a tank of gas.

Looking for thoughts/opinions....Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I have kept gas in the garage in those plastic containers. I noticed that if it gets hot in there, it swells the tank. I have found that if I don't keep it completely full, and loosen the vent cap just a little, it does not do that. Kinda like a car gas fill tube with a vented cap, no different I think...

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply....I did loosen the cap a few threads.

#5 ·
I have had 2 pour spouts chewed through by some animal, not just teeth marks but a hole. Ruined the spout and I can't find the old spouts that actually allowed you to pour gas. :character0029::mad::

Mine are all inside now.:bowtier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.