Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Facebook Page for TriFive.com

69K views 74 replies 46 participants last post by  nad427 
#1 ·
The new Facebook page is open and set up for you to use. Now I know there are some who will never use Facebook and in no way am I trying to get you to change your mind, I understand your thoughts on it and respect your points. For those of you that have not gone there, but are curious here is a good reason to check it out. Those of you that already use it......well what else can I say but "here you go"

There are three goals with having the FB site, one is to recruit more trifive.com members; Two is to make communication a bit easier for those on the go; Third thing I am working on is to get as many events listed as possible for folks looking for something to do at the last minute each week. You will find these in the Event section and they are listed chronologically, with past events removed. This way you can quickly see anything happening in the coming weeks.

For those using Facebook currently you will be familiar with the usual set up. For you new folks or occasional users you will find the bowtie-trifive icon on the left side of the page, under this are the main controls. First on the controls is the Wall is the section to the right where posts and conversations are going on. The next control is the Photos, here you will find a selection of albums with members rides, get together photos, mascots/pets. There is also just a general photo area in here where photos members upload end up at. I am asking that as you join the site by using the "like" button, that you add a photo of your vehicle to the album "members rides". Once the picture has posted you can add your name to it by "tagging" or doing it in the comment section. Events is the next control, here you will find all the activities that the members have posted. There is a Video control at the end and this is where any uploaded videos will be stored. Thats pretty much it as far as controls you need to know. There are some others you will pick up such as "tagging" photos, which is a way of naming the individuals or vehicles in a photo. Just ask someone will walk you through this process.

Across the top of the site are a series of photos, as new ones are added the photos change, you can click on any of the photos and you are taken to it and the Photo section.

Below the photos is the conversation or post area. Here you can start a new conversation by clicking in the open box that says "Write something..." you are then given a chance to enter your dialogue there. The other choices are Photo which allows you to upload a photo of your choice. The other choice is Link, this allows you to enter a link to a web site that you have copied from someplace, it also allows you to comment on the link before you post it. If you see a conversation you want to jump in on you just need to look at the bottom of the last comment and you will see "like","comment" & "share"
"like" just counts the amount of people liking the comment, kind of a pat on the back to the one who made it.
"comment" allows you to respond to the conversation, click on it and a dialog box pops up for you to write in. When your done commenting use the enter key on your keyboard. If you want to comment on a conversation make sure you use the "comment" rather than starting a new conversation at the top of the page.
"share" this takes the photo or comment and moves it to your own Facebook page, it also allows you to comment before posting it.

I have recruited a few individuals so far to assist me in administrating the FB site, if you have a question post it on the page and one of us will get back to you on FB or by a private message. I'm still in need of folks in the southern states and eastern states that are Facebook familiar to assist administrating site. I am also looking for someone from Australia, England and Europe to help cover those time zones and activities. Shoot me a PM if your interested:rolleyes:

Otis has added a link to the Facebook site at the top of the bowtie-trifive web page, its in yellow between the classified and calendar. It is also right here https://www.facebook.com/groups/579798412091834/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trifivecom/222549541096683

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know,
Randy:wavey:

See less See more
#15 ·
I see a lot of you are stopping by on Facebook, glad to have you jump in there and post. I'm at Peggy Sue's Cruise this weekend and since I can't post pictures to here via my iPhone I will be posting them on the FB site till I get home and load them on the computer. The show should be great, decent weather in mid 70's, it was 100 last year, the show is full and registration closed at 800:congrats:

I'll try to get some early posts before the public gets in and messes up the shots. Then that evening I will be at the cruise, maybe I can figure out how to post a video on there too:rolleyes:

Randy

#20 ·
my wife is on facebook for hrs. a day and tries to get me to join but i tell her mine is bowtie-trifive we have friends list/instant messaging photo galleries ect. so this is enough for i have work left to do on the car. if i joined facebook i wouldnt have time to get dirt under my nailsbowtie-trifive

#28 ·
Good job Randy !!
I was in FB for a year-and-a-half. Had fun, and even created an Alumni Group that located 100+ (of 400) of my old H.S. classmates from 45 yrs ago.
Then I got out of FB. The only thing I miss is the "car guy" groups I was in. The old classmates?? ...not so much :):):)
Keep thinking about jumping back in ...someday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.