Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

fuel pump

7K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  lilrobo 
#1 · (Edited)
whats the deal with these fuel pumps , mine has started to wine real bad AGAIN this will be the third one , i am using the corvette style filter with return line and fuel pump , i have about a total 7k miles i shouldnt be going through these , is there a better one that will go in place of this one ?
i do have to have the return line from filter i dont have have one from motor
thanks

#36 · (Edited)
Yes it's got a really good sock on the pump I may just do an extra filter anyway what did you guys recommend just a simple G2 filter inline?

#39 ·
thanks guys
i got everything done time to fill, i am going to add 8 gal and see where my gas gauge is and go from there, the only thing i forgot about is maybe the new sending unit dont work with my gauge, ill see later today ,, i did start it empty and it was on E good there
thanks again

#40 ·
if you got the holley unit for a trifive it works fine with a stock gauge. put in 1 gallon at a time and fill until filled watching the gauge. should get a couple gall in before the gauge moves.

#42 ·
if the autometer gauge worked with the stock sending unit then it will work with the holley.

#44 ·
got the new pump in and it was great right on the money 16 gal all good on pump for sure
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.