Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Finally drove my truck

4K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  wagonman100 
#1 ·
Just looked at my profile and I joined this site July 2016 so it's taken me 3 years to accomplish it. I bought it sight unseen and supposedly all I had to do was put in the engine and hook up the brakes, Ha Ha. I had to rebuild the engine, locate a cross member, clutch pedal, rewire it, replace the brake lines, buy lots and lots of nuts and bolts, the list goes on and on. It's definitely not finished but I can drive it. Moving to South Carolina so it will now need air added.
I just want to take a minute and thank all those that answered some of my dumb questions and I'm sure I will have more as time goes on.

#8 ·
Show some pictures. Just got mine drivable today and I’m totally stoked. 57’ short wide small window performance built 6.0L LS with a Holley sniper throttle body fuel injection system and a performance built 700R4. Estimated at 550-600 horsepower. GM 12 bolt 4:10 gears and a Yukon posi trac and a 4 link. Magnaflow exhaust exiting out the side under the step. Leveled the rear of the truck. It’ll shit and git.

Attachments

#11 ·
Congrats!! That's a milestone I have yet to reach....
I started my project in the summer of 2009. Yep, ten years and counting and still haven't driven it, but that's gonna change this year (hopefully)!

Post some pics so we can see your baby!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Welcome to South Carolina! I am a transplant as well and like it here just fine, yeah gets hot in summer but my truck is a daily driver and so far I haven’t pulled the trigger on AC! Vent windows work great. I delivered propane and fuel oil in New England and don’t miss snow a bit. You’ll like it here just fine. I am about 30 miles from Lexington on the way to Darlington! NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte is not to be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Congrats. I hope to be driving my Cameo soon too. I have to decide what to do about brakes. Leave the drum and add power assist or go to disc, etc. we hope to be moving soon too, but I’ll have to build a new shop when we do. Unfortunately I won’t be retiring any time soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.