Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

*seat belt routing

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  crash1068 
#1 · (Edited)
got to the part of my restoration where I have to lay in my seat belt routing. Dose this routing look like the way I should do them? Outer seat belt routing around the clam shells, and inter belts routing over the back of the bottom cushion? Has any body made cuts in cushion so the belt doesn't have to go up and over the back? Any pics of your routing would help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If you route them up through the seat covering, you'll find that it will continues to tear the seat cover as there is no re-enforcement for the belt to stay in place inside the seat. Thus the reason for it going over the rear section and between the upper and lower sections.

The outer one I wouldn't place through the covers either for the reasoning of moving parts and potential pinching of the belt causing a cut which can go unnoticed until it breaks at an inopportune time.

#4 ·
I used the diagram setup provided in the CCI (Eckler) installation. This was most like sent to me by Pops. It gives dimensions for locating anchor points and routing. As Rick mentioned the outer belt goes outside the shell. There is sufficient room between the door and seat so I can easily lay the belt down before opening the door so as not to have the buckle fall out and potentially chip any paint.

PM pops 557B210 and ask for information on installing seat belts.

#8 · (Edited)
With all of the work and upgrades I've done to my 57 when she was undergoing her restore process, seat-belts never made it on the list. I've thought about it over the years. Even picked them out a few times and meant to order them. But, I guess with my short term memory fading as the years passed, so did the seat-belts.

What's that old saying; 'Out of sight, out of mind?'

Glad I saw this post as I was thinking of what other little jobs I could do. Maybe it's finally time for the seat-belts. :)

#11 ·
I have seen these retractors being sold almost as long as they been putting seat belts in car. I remember my Dad having one laying around house when I was a kid, I just turned 60 in August. So, has anyone put these to use in the real world. If so, how do you use them, take the roller off, wind the spring to put them together? I'm just guessing. Would like somebody to speak up, that actually put in their car. Will have to go though my catalogs and try to see where I saw them. If you can make them work like the're advertise to work that would be the ticket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.