Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

N Gauge Trains

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Charlie(CHIEF} Williams 
#1 ·
Is there any interest in N Gauge Trains, Track and accessories?
My Father had collected for Years before he passed away and I have a hundred or so Pieces.
I have no real Value other than some research I did several years ago.
All Engines, Tenders, Box Cars and Cabooses are in Pristine Condition in Plastic Boxes.
If any Leads show I will shoot Pic's and Post.
If Not, I will hold for the next generation.:flag4:

#2 ·
can go to eBay completed listing to get an idea of value. still have my Lionel set from when I was a kid. will pass them on to one of my kids. being your dads, pass them on to your kids no matter what there value would be my suggestion. :anim_25:

#3 ·
No Kids Carl

:bowtieb:Back in High School when everyone else was hooking up and having Carnal Knowledge I was under my 56 or Out behind the Nabisco Plant Street Racing.
The Girls had no interest in a guy with that much grease under his fingernails.
The Equation works out to No Girls =No Kids.
It seemed to hold true for 49 years until I married. Too Late Now, Thank Goodness!
I will take your advise on the E-Bay thing and find some Values.
I really expected no interest on this site but worth a shot.

#4 ·
Chief there is a guy in Waterbury Ct that buys and sells on ebay. Some of that train stuff could be worth big $. He was telling me that some are worth hundreds if not thousands. He bought a part off of me for his chevelle. Here is his small collection.

Attachments

#6 ·
I only have about 1/10 of 1% of that one cabinet!
I have researched several years ago and the most valuable is only worth about $75. May be a bit more now.
I am going to search E-Bay and update my files.:tu
Ill see if I can contact him for you to give you a honest worth

#9 ·
I'd say ebay too. Had a friend die recently who was all over that kind of stuff. MIke

#12 ·
E-Bay Broke my Heart

I should not have open my search on E-Bay to find value of my Train Collection.
Seems the worth has dropped 40 to 50% from 2009.
I think I need to Rat hole the lot and wait another 20 years and check again.
If there is any interest in the examples I have posted send a PM and we will talk.
For now E-Bay has derailed my plan to offload the Train!:sign0013:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.