Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Struggling with accessory brackets

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Pops @ Tri-5.com 
#1 ·
My project car came with alternator and power steering pump bracket but I don’t love the setup. I’m not looking for anything fancy more clean and simple. I need alternator, power steering pump and ac compressor (sanden 508). None of my accessories have serpentine pulleys. My crank pulley is a double pulley. Currently my alternator bracket mounts to the header which I don’t like at all. I prefer everything mount to the front of the motor. I don’t necessarily like the “street rod” type brackets that mount alt and Ac compressor way up high. I need a short water pump due to space constraints.

What are you guys using?

#2 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
If you do take a look at the Alan Grove brackets one good thing he lists the correct pulleys needed to work with his brackets so no guess work I’ve used them on a couple of my builds & a 71 Chevelle I did last summer for a customer I had them & mine powder coated looked good Not anything fancy but function well also don’t cost a fortune

#7 ·
Did your brackets also mount to the headers? I prefer to not add brackets to the exhaust. If I don’t have to. Just a pet peeve. I don’t like transmission fluid in the radiator and I don’t like alt and ac brackets mounted to the headers. I will if I have to, but prefer not to.

Kevin

#10 ·
I have a short water pump and used this bracket that bolted to the head to mount my alternator....1972-79 CORVETTE 1969-72 CHEVY TRUCK BLAZER 3951337 LOWER ALTERNATOR BRACKET

They are on ebay all the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.