Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

55 Cold Case Radiator in 6 cyl Position

23K views 92 replies 18 participants last post by  Midlf55 
#1 ·
Just installed a Cold Case radiator into my 55 in the 6 cylinder position....I also will be installing an A/C condenser in front of it in the future....The distance between the bar and the radiator is 5/8 to 3/4"....I am concerned that I will have interference between the hood latch plate and condenser....I realize that they make shortened hood latch plates for 55's...However, I see already that there will be a problem.

Has anyone experienced this thus far with a 55 Cold Case radiator in the six cylinder position with A/C? How much clearance between the bar and radiator does everyone else have with this configuration?...At this point, I see no choice but to slot the bracket attachment holes toward the front, in hopes that the radiator will move far enough to the rear.

See less See more
#84 ·
They will be embarrassed if you don’t. They have really good customer service and a lot of us have used their product because of the special pricing, the quality and the customer service. Give them a chance to continue that reputation.

#85 ·
I don’t feel like I didn’t give them a chance. Ccas said to pm him about it, I did. Didn’t get a response. I even posted back in this thread telling him I pm’d him about it. Multiple posts have been made in a thread he’s part of discussing it. I reached out to their chat function on their website and spoke to their sale rep about it. The only reason I was pushing the issues is because the rebate they’re offering ends Sunday. It was nearing the end of business on Friday and I didn’t want to miss out on the rebate. Now I’m a little concerned because the sales rep I spoke with said he was processing the order but nothing shows pending on my card. Hopefully something happens on Monday.

#91 ·
My apologies guys. I was traveling Friday. I kind of promised myself I would turn off the business this weekend as I was on a little trip with my wife.

Truth be told I snuck my laptop but forgot the power cord. I ran out of battery power Friday night and never did see the topic nor the PM.

So again my apologies.

#92 ·
Good man Chris :):tu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.