Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

A/C and Trinary Switch Wiring Question

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  acardon 
#1 ·
Hello Folks,

Even though I'm a couple of weeks away from installing it, I have a question about the A/C compressor and trinary switch. My Sanden compressor is on the passenger side close to the engine (Tru-Trac accessory drive) and I want to keep visible wiring to a minimum. To that end, any reason why I can't just run the single wire from the compressor straight through over the engine into the passenger compartment? I would be bringing another wire (wires?) from the trinary switch into the cockpit also, with the idea to make any connections under the dash.

I'd like to avoid having a wire strung directly from the compressor over to the trinary switch; and since the water temp wire already runs over the engine I could bundle them together under the same sheath.

The reason I'm asking is I'm assembling the engine harness right now and I'm trying to think a few steps ahead and save myself some work down the road.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
No reason you can't do that, but I would use the next larger gauge wire for the longer run to the compressor. You'll have 3 runs from the thermostat to the trinary, back to under dash, back to compressor.
You can sometimes hide the wire under the A/C hoses also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.