Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Painting your radiator!

4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  montanagrey89 
#1 ·

As you can see it made a huge difference. I used Bbq paint and did not clear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
That's what I've heard Jimmy....Just a light dusting.

#11 ·
I painted my new cold case. I just did not want the polished aluminum look. Used the Eastwood radiator paint. 55wagoncrazy recommended just a dusting on the fins. Works and looks great, just like yours.

Nice job!

#12 ·
I just taped off the sides and put some plastic in the back...light dusting. As someone else mentioned all radiators were painted black before the new aluminum look came about. This will be more than enough radiator for this LS. They just don't run as hot as a typical SBC or BBC. Hopefully gives others an idea if they thought about it. Thanks everyone.

#13 ·
This will be more than enough radiator for this LS. They just don't run as hot as a typical SBC or BBC. Hopefully gives others an idea if they thought about it. Thanks everyone.

I have LS3/480 that runs around 210 at slow speeds & in the 220‘s in hot weather since day one. The fans kick on at 210. Even at highway speeds the temp is always around 210. My radiator is painted black & I have no idea what thermostat I have. Seems I may have a problem? :flag6:

#21 ·
Hello, Could you please share the products or methods you used to paint your radiator? Currently, my radiator is in bad condition, and I would like to paint it, but I have never done it before. I have already found a paint, but I'm not sure about its effectiveness, so I don't want to take any risks. I would appreciate any other suggestions if there are alternative options available. Thank you in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.