Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Quick question

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Randy 57 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I have a HUGE question. Should I join the Tri-Five Association even if I live too far away from the events?
What are the advantages of joining?

#2 ·
You Betcha!

IMHO,the value of the membership is returned in the magazine AND great deals from both Danchuk and Woody's. If you are ordering from Woody's and are a member, I believe (don't quote me) it includes free shipping on most items. If you need pieces/parts the savings add up rapidly.

Don't be surprised that if after a few issues of the magazine you aren't sending in an entry to the NATS. It's contagious!
Florida isn't as far away as the members that come from Washington (state), the far reaches of Canada, Australia, and South Africa!:anim_25::sign0020::sign0020::gba:

#3 ·
Not sure how far to far is for you but I'll be making a showing for the second time all the way from California. Others are coming across oceans to be there[emoji1303]

Belonging isn't really directly related to the show, Yeah a member gets $10 off of late registration, but the membership value is the 9 magazines a year with only TriFive stories and pictures along with Danchuk and Woody discount. But even bigger is your helping support the entire TriFive program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#9 ·
I said far because, I don't expect the car to make the trip from Miami-Dade to where it will take place. But once my dad and I agree on taking the membership we will look more into going.
So far we could use the discounts, that's all we're interested in.

#11 ·
I said far because, I don't expect the car to make the trip from Miami-Dade to where it will take place. But once my dad and I agree on taking the membership we will look more into going.

So far we could use the discounts, that's all we're interested in.

I totally understand Joanga, but you might want to consider coming without the car this year to shop. Lots of trifive vendors there and a huge swap meet as well[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
I'm not that impressed with the magazine at all. I remember the old ccc magazine it had some good tech articles. It seems like the new magazine is only about hot rods. They have had a couple of information articles but no real Tech how to articles. I'n sure glad I kept all my old CCC mags. I don't know if I'll re up for next year.

#7 ·
Gotta Disagree!

It's my understanding that tech articles are coming. Chris is redoing a personal wagon and from the picture I saw it's suitable as maybe a parts car if you don't look too closely. Betcha there will be a ton of tech articles just to get it running and presentable.

As for the CCC, what magazines I've seen of theirs it was strictly a for profit operation.

Did they EVER give away a car at a show?

ATFA Nats has given away one each year with a magnificent '57 gasser build up for grabs this year!

It's my understanding that the build for the 2018 giveaway car is already in progress.:congrats::gba:

My $ .02!

#6 ·
I think some of my copies have facts and tips about original cars/options/colors etc. as well as featured restorations. I did not know about discounts, I will be buying lots of chrome when I get around to painting. My buddy and I met two great tri-fivers from Fla. that were showing/running an orange 55 Gasser with bbc that was shown in the gasser coral area. Still email Stan and looking forward to seeing them this year (maybe even lining up next to him for a fun run) at this year's Nats. Point is this event and venue are worth the miles and time/expense to participate in. IMHO HR Pwr tour too big, plain shows mixed with everything (all makes/models/bikes/etc) not my cup of tea. This event gets you focused on TriFives, vendors that supply, show quality stuff to beaters like mine, and an opportunity to make fun runs on a great 1/4 mile track, plus competition runs by class cars and exhibition runs. Last years pairing of a Funny Car vs ProMod was awesome.

#8 ·
2cruz, you may recall that the tech articles from those issues, particularly the early issues, were generally written by the members. The new magazine is just that new, and still getting its sea legs. I myself am in the beginning stages of writing and documenting a head rebuild tech article for the 235 six motor but I am still a little ways off yet from completion. For anyone that has something to offer, please don't hesitate to send in a tech tip or tech article for consideration. You might just see your name in print, which is always a hoot. All of us as members have the best opportunity to make the magazine better and better and better. Remember, there are a lot of members who are relatively new to the hobby so even stuff that may be old hand to some of us is invaluable to others so give some consideration toward submitting something.

#10 ·
You and your dad are of course further away then I am, but my son and I have put my 57 on a trailer for the 15 hour drive to Kentucky. The first year I actually rented a uhaul trailer to do it. It was worth the effort to tell you the truth.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

I had never seen so many trifives in one place and probably the first time that many trifives were in one place since they were built. It was pretty cool. Like I said, the magazine and the association will be what we make of it. It has its start, we should help move it forward

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.