Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Tri-Fives at Grand National Roadster Show, January 27-29th, 2017

16K views 76 replies 27 participants last post by  Eriks 55 
#1 ·

Looking for a big show to go to this winter? January is not a popular car show month, and its even harder to find a big TriFive gathering. This year will be different though, the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, CA January 27-29th will be feathering an exhibit for The 60th Anniversary of the Tri-Five Chevy. This will include over 100 iconic 55,56 and 57 Chevys inside building 9, and surrounding the building will be those that drive in for the day in their TriFive Chevys. The exhibit is in partnership with American Tri-Five Association and Danchuk.

The Grand National Roadster Show is now in its 68th year. Once known as the Oakland Roadster Show, it is the longest running indoor car show in the world! Produced at the Fairplex in Pomona for the 14th consecutive year.
Over 500 show vehicles will compete for awards inside the Fairplex buildings. Another 400-800 vehicles will join the event Saturday & Sunday for the 12th Annual Grand Daddy Drive-In.

If you live in the Los Angeles area please consider bringing your TriFive to the Drive In event, you can get an application here.

If your from out of the area the show is just minutes from Ontario airport with plenty of hotels close by.
All the info you will need is available at http://www.rodshows.com/gnrs/drive-in.html

See less See more
#38 ·
Wish I Were There!

Greetings from Bellingham, Washington. I had plans on attending the GNRS and tour the Tri Five Tent. Can someone PLEASE post me a Pic of my Deceased Buddy's car for me. It will be on display as I was told by Fireman Gordy. Bright Red 56 " PROSTREET 56 " Built by Jim Gorden. I will post the Hot Rod Cover Shot that he taken back in the day. I really wanted to be there to see for myself but had to work a Turn Around at Phillips 66 Refinery in Ferndale. Help a Brother out and post me a Pic.
RIP Jimmie! bowtie-trifive:p3:

Attachments

#39 ·
Thanks for posting info as well as photos Randy you 57 looks awesome . Mike

#41 ·
Randy....Thanks for the pics....Did you get any of Roy Brizzio's 55?.....Always liked that car.

#44 ·
Just got home an hr ago from the GNRS 4 days and I am beat . it was an AWESOME event . I felt honored to be able to display my bucket with the rest of the fine cars there. I will post my pics later this week.

#46 ·
Way to go, John. We also got home yesterday well actually this morning at 2:00 am.

Had a blast but it's good to be home.
John, you're a great bunk mate...it was great hanging with you buddy.

Mel, Randy, Ron (and the rest of the East Bay gang)... good times were had by all!! We do know how to eat and Jessica was surely a memorable waitress. :)

Since we got loaded up so early I ended up bailing out and drove back home Sunday night like many of you. I got back to Elk Grove at 2:30 this morning. I have a bunch of pictures to post later.

#47 ·
Glad everyone got home safe and sound. Great week of fun, cars and friends. Sorry I was kind of distracted with duties during the days, missed getting to hang with everyone.

The drive was the longest run for BLUEIT and she did very good with the 800 miles[emoji1303]

She most of you in Sacramento at Autorama in a few weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#67 ·
I didn't see that!

Looking at all the pictures taken of the Trifives at the GNRS, I keep seeing ones that I didn't see in person and I was in the building several times and took lots of pictures! I do wonder why Project X had no signage. I would think with the long history of the car, it would have something!

#68 ·
Looking at all the pictures taken of the Trifives at the GNRS, I keep seeing ones that I didn't see in person and I was in the building several times and took lots of pictures! I do wonder why Project X had no signage. I would think with the long history of the car, it would have something!

That was strange Gary, not one sign or anything for such a famous car. But considering the piss poor attitude of the guy that brought it it's not surprising. He was yelling at show staff and anyone else around him, he seemed to think he was better than the others in line waiting their turn. He eventually drove around us all and through the barricades, only to find out he could not park before the rest of us because his spot blocked the driveway for everyone else.

I did hear a lot of folks saying they liked the tribute car to Project X against the wall better since it was more like what they remembered it being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#70 ·
great group of people to hang with. I felt very fortunate to get the opportunity to hang out with everyone and the multitude of friends named Gary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.