Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Tri-Fives at Grand National Roadster Show, January 27-29th, 2017

16K views 76 replies 27 participants last post by  Eriks 55 
#1 ·

Looking for a big show to go to this winter? January is not a popular car show month, and its even harder to find a big TriFive gathering. This year will be different though, the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, CA January 27-29th will be feathering an exhibit for The 60th Anniversary of the Tri-Five Chevy. This will include over 100 iconic 55,56 and 57 Chevys inside building 9, and surrounding the building will be those that drive in for the day in their TriFive Chevys. The exhibit is in partnership with American Tri-Five Association and Danchuk.

The Grand National Roadster Show is now in its 68th year. Once known as the Oakland Roadster Show, it is the longest running indoor car show in the world! Produced at the Fairplex in Pomona for the 14th consecutive year.
Over 500 show vehicles will compete for awards inside the Fairplex buildings. Another 400-800 vehicles will join the event Saturday & Sunday for the 12th Annual Grand Daddy Drive-In.

If you live in the Los Angeles area please consider bringing your TriFive to the Drive In event, you can get an application here.

If your from out of the area the show is just minutes from Ontario airport with plenty of hotels close by.
All the info you will need is available at http://www.rodshows.com/gnrs/drive-in.html

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh man! Enjoy, I'm just like the CA folks that can't do the Nats. Too far! Maybe next year. We get the Detroit Autorama, it's pretty big time serious whoopee too.

Have a great time, ALL!

#7 ·
National Roadster Show

We need to keep this event out front so our members can make plans to attend.
It is coming up quickly and some of us aren't as quick as we use to be!
I was recently notified by a Member PM that he was not aware of ATFA taking part in the National Rod Meet in Pomona next January.
HERE's Your SIGN!!
I can't understand why the Promotion for The National Roadster Show is lacking. ATFA should be all over this Event and I see nothing unless a guy like me Bumps the Thread back to the Top.
Let's get it together and see what the West Coast can do to assist in making the Tri-Five exhibit the Best on Site at Pomona in January.
I will be putting on a SoCal Local Meet & Greet on January 8th and Hope to see ATFA there with Flyers and Promotional Information.
If an ATFA Rep can't make it on the 8th Please get me some Flyers and I will make every attempt to assist in Filling the Tent. bowtie-trifive

#4 ·
The GNRS building is already full with over a 100 TriFives from across the country. There is a standby list going as well. If you didn't get in the building you can still participate in the Drive In event on Saturday and Sunday. Your vehicles will be parked outside the Trifive building to create a huge TriFive show there. I'll be there with my 57 and will be working the American TriFive Association booth inside the show, come on by and say hello.

We are also doing a ALL Trifive building at Sacramento Autorama February 17-19th. I still have a few spots open inside, if you are interested PM me. I am particularly looking for a stock 57 any model.

#9 ·
Atta Boy Randy

Glad to hear the show is sold out. I was just trying to light the Fire and show my interest in assisting you in your endeavor.
Please forgive me in my attempt to insure the Target Audience is aware of the Event that will be opening the gates in a few weeks.
As I stated in a previous Post, We don't move as fast as we use to.
It takes time and planning to make thing come around now that age becomes a factor.
The word " Lacking " was only used to address this Site. I have no idea of any other Notifications you have active.
I hope AFTA has a Wonderful Event in Pomona and the offer still stands as far as Flyers at my Local Meet & Greet on the 8th.:bowtieb:

#12 ·
Already sent in my flyer to attend the drive-in show on Saturday.
I've been going to the GNRS for quite a few years. It's a great show with something for everyone.
This year Kim and I will be bringing "Miss Daisy". She's been resto-moded without the resto. An original 46k car now running an LS3/480 4L70 powertrain and other upgrades. Some might think "oh the horror!" what was done to an original unrestored car.
Next summer she's going on a 4 corner cruise around and across the USA, so she needed the heart to make a long road trip.

Don

#13 ·
Next summer she's going on a 4 corner cruise around and across the USA, so she needed the heart to make a long road trip.

Don

Good to hear your going for the day, we will be parking all trifives in front of the building with ALL Trifives in it. Your LS3 powered car will fit right in with mine, did that swap last year and will be making the trip to Pomona from up north with it. Come by the ATFA booth and tell me about your planned trip, sure hope it includes a stop at the TriFive Nationals[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I'm planning to attend the GNRS Drivin on Saturday.
All the drivin cars meet up in the morning at gate 17 and won't be allowed to enter until 7am.
Is there going to be an area where the TriFives can be staged together?
Seems this will make easier for us all to be able to moved in to park outside bldg 9.

Don

#20 ·
I'm planning to attend the GNRS Drivin on Saturday.

All the drivin cars meet up in the morning at gate 17 and won't be allowed to enter until 7am.

Is there going to be an area where the TriFives can be staged together?

Seems this will make easier for us all to be able to moved in to park outside bldg 9.

Don

Don the answer is yes, not exactly sure how right now, but this is what I'm being told.
"There will be a Tri-Five holding area per say so when a 55 comes in he gets directed where to go"

When I get there Wednesday I will see if there is a clearer answer and post it up.

#24 ·
Ran into the giveaway car while in line to get into hall.

Project X right there in line with us[emoji1303]

John Ruscher with his sedan delivery

Then there was this guy[emoji33]
https://vimeo.com/201091900

Took a while to get in the hall and no time to get the bugs off yet.

#29 ·
What a great collection of cars here, I only took a few shots of the different cars as I did do a live filming of the event on the TriFive.com Facebook page and will do more live posts through the weekend.

My favorite pick from the show

Then we have the four American Trifive Ambassadors cars.
Dan Duffy from Georgia

Stewart Werner from Arizona

Gordon Dudley from Southern California

And mine, Randy Randleman from Northern California.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.