Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Bel Era III wins Best New Product at Tri Five Nationals

6K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  michaelkellett 
#1 ·
Classic Instruments is Proud to announce the New Bel-Era III wins BEST NEW PRODUCT at TRI FIVE NATIONALS in Bowling Green

. Measuring instrument Gauge Tool

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks pretty good I like the red bow tie too. They missed it . why you think ? Mike

#18 ·
Odometer roll.

55pickup, Sharp instrument panel! Your's is the most detailed up-close photo of a Bel Era III I've seen on the web. Great camera work. Did you roll the odometer to it's present value, or did Classic Instruments do that for you?

And I agree with gaddied, I wish there was more detailed info out there.

#19 ·
bigblock261 Thanks. I had Classic Instruments roll the odometer to match the one I took out. I wanted to keep the mileage from when we redid the car a few years ago. It is really easy to install. You use the stock bezel and bolt the dash into the factory holes. It has a single plug that plugs into the dash and wires up to your stock harness. I have an American Auto Wire harness and everything is marked so you just match up the wires. I've done it twice and have had no problems at all. They are very good to deal with and very helpful on the phone. I bought everything directly from them and got a pretty good deal.. Check with them before you buy somewhere else. Even threw in a free t-shirt!

#21 ·
I told them I was not Crazy!

I am happy to see that as a Young, Dumb and Full of -um Kid that some of my ideas were not as Mad as Made out.
Back in the 70's there were very few rules to govern imagination.
I had also removed the Speaker from behind the Screen and installed a Bowtie Light Bar that changed colors at frequency. OK a Little Crazy!:confused0062:

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Mine in the Nomad... It's developed a problem now with right at 8500 miles on the clock. The speedo is bouncing around from zero to actual speed and everything in between as I drive. Seems to be worse on acceleration. The CI website says these are sensitive to RF/Electro interference from EFI systems, etc. but I can't figure out why this would start now after over a year of flawless function. Any ideas?

PROBLEM IDENTIFIED AND FIXED: The shop that removed/rebuilt the transmission recently failed to connect the ground side of the transmitter wire from the tranny to the gauges. A new wire was run to the solid ground on the frame and the speedo functions perfectly. Classic Instruments was very helpful on the phone helping know what to look for and they said it was likely a ground issue or electrical interference.... Sure enough!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.