Project Update Section, Post your Project updates hereThis section is for Project Updates only, So post any updates of your trifive projects. >Do not post tech
questions in this area of the forum = Remember only projects updates should be posted here.
Been away for awhile, on vacation in Vancouver, BC for a couple of weeks and then getting caught up on things around home when we got back.
Didn't get any work done on the fenders until yesterday. I cut the brow cap off and am glad I did. Lots of rust under there (as I expected) and it's going to be a job getting it put back together.
Sorry about the huge pics. I took these with my new phone. I will go back to the Mavica camera after this.
Lots of booger welds and braze.
After grinding off the welds and bits of cap that were left...
Last edited by astroracer; Yesterday at 08:10 PM..
Today I worked on smoothing the fender out a bit more and trimming off the lower part.
I worked on the fender for about an hour and this is what it's looking like now. Still a few highs and lows so I'll hit it with the D/A and some 100 grit paper to start fine tuning. I picked out a lot of low spots on this thing and took down some high spots, it was oil canning quite badly when I started but I have that eliminated now so I know it's very close.
I also trimmed off the bottom of the fender. Now I can work on the brace as well.
What a mess... Now, you have to realize this brace probably looks just like this ALL the way up the fender...
This is the piece I cut off with a hunk of the brace that was cut out.
The new lower fender will get trimmed to fit and I'll make a new chunk to fix the brace.