Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

57 wagon belt trim

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  augy 
#1 ·
Hi everyone first off just wanted to say I received some info as a answer to a question I asked that was so spot on and helpful to me I can hardly believe it YOU ALL ARE AWSOME So I have another question I have a 57 210 2dr wagon with the trim above and below the doors One piece ha a taper on one end and the other piece has blunt ends on both ends I would guess the tapered end goes toward the front of car BUT does the tapered piece go on the top of the window or the bottom THANKS Maybe I will finally get this puzzle figured out

#2 ·
Taper is to the front above the window. So it doesn't stick out from the door as much. The lower blends to the shape of the lower corner windshield trim.

#3 ·
pics of my belair wagon but should be the same on your 210.

As Mikey said, the upper piece is tapered to the front.....

the lower piece is squared off....

hope this helps....

#9 ·
Does anybody know if this belt line trim (upper as well as lower) is available to buy anywhere? My 57 2 door wagon was born a 150 but has the 210 side trim (painted 2 tone not the aluminum insert) and I'd like to add the upper and lower stainless trim around the car. Thanks!

#11 ·
I recently bought a totally JUNK '57 210 2 door wagon shell for $75. It had sat in a creek for about 20 years. Nothing left any good except for the stainless upper and lower window trim. Dragged the carcass home and stripped it. Took the trim (6 pieces including liftgate trim) to a swap meet and sold it all to one guy for $350. After he handed me the cash, he said he would have paid up to $500 for it. Also salvaged the inner and outer painted post trim between the side windows (4 pieces, both sides), and sold those for $100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.