Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What about me , Ha Ha !!

12K views 76 replies 26 participants last post by  Pops @ Tri-5.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi , Thought to take a minute to show some small progress on my 56 . I have gotten to the brakes now , I know my progress as compared to Capt. Morgan or Idaho Rob is snail slow , old Capt Morgan can build an entire car in a week I think , but my work I know is awfully slow but as I am slow I'm trying to do the very best job I can and I won't settle for less : )
The pics show the nifty offset bracket I got from Danchuk made by CPP , gives you two inches out and two inches up to clear any sort of valve cover interference , as you see it worked just fine , ought to for 150.00 !!! Also plumbing in the new brake lines from the master cyl . will give me an opportunity to include a micro-lock parking brake gadget I had laying around , a neat little deal I first used long ago when I ran a tow truck , blah blah blah , that's enough then ~~~~~

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#10 ·
I had a pretty good thread going a few years ago , it went on like crazy and everyone liked it an jumped right in !! Then I fell out of favor and was scourged and forbidden to participate : ( Well I have a project , a very slowly progressing project so maybe what I need is a little encouragement and a few attaboys to get me back to work !! I'm not in a click nor do I have lots of friends and buddies on the forum here but I am for sure a solid tri-five hot rodder and may have some good experience to share from time to time ??
Ok then , done now , here is a recent picture of my 56 150 , picture shows an all forged 496 , blower built although I took the blower off till later , replaced with a Dart intake to go with the Dart 345 heads , I have heard it snort : )
Wow !! more stout possibly than anything I have built before ?? well that was the idea , something special for " The Last Hot Rod " ~~~
Thanks,
Steve
:tu:tu Lets see more pictures?

#26 ·
I put a Tremec T56 in my buddy's '69 Nova FX clone and it too was tight! So tight that we had to trim off the trans tunnel brace on the backside of the tunnel to allow it to sit level. But other than that it was tight, but not hitting.
I had quite a few people tell me the tunnel on a Nova would need cutting, and moving to clear the T56, but they must not have done one, and were passing on myths.

#39 ·
Looks very nice.... I've had an itch for one for a few yrs. The wife said "Sure go get one... But sell the truck first"

:hmmmm: Soo needless to say, no bike yet lol..

Hey Smoke : ) I've had four wives and I'd give anything to have back
the last one that I lost , But , there are advantages to being a free bird : )
( do not sell that little pickup !! you would regret it forever !!! )

Steve

#40 ·
Never..... this era truck has been a dream of mine since I was old enough to flip through old "Wheels-N-Deals" magazines. Always told my dad "One day..." well thankfully it came & I'm not cutting her loose.

Just gonna have to up my toy fund :sign0020:

#41 ·
Never..... this era truck has been a dream of mine since I was old enough to flip through old "Wheels-N-Deals" magazines. Always told my dad "One day..." well thankfully it came & I'm not cutting her loose.

Just gonna have to up my toy fund

Well Mike , Old Harleys are easier to score these days than one of those
little Chevy/GMC pickups like yours , that one of mine is an 04 with 16,000
miles , bought it just down the road , the boy had been trying to sell it
for months , we live out in the country and folks won't drive out when there
is so much available down in the valley with a million and a half people !!
He had last gotten caught in a hard rainstorm coming home from work and
the little thing was awful filthy , so I made him a low offer and he reluctantly
accepted . You will find one if you want it bad enough and keep your eyes
open : ) There is some question if I should be riding at my age , I see
folks laughing as I roar by , are they glad because I'm having such a good
time or making fun of that old geezer jammin' by on a straight pipe HD ???
Steve

#55 ·
#57 ·
Butch M

Nothing happening on this thread Butch so feel free to catch us up on your excitement , inquiring minds need to know buddy !!!

I wanna know what happend to butch's car too.
I dont know if i want to see the pictures though.
What a nightmare im guessing.
Utah 56

I am very interested in knowing what bad luck happened to Butch M in regard to his crashed 56 , so join me in encouraging him to get some pictures up and include the story of what happened to his racer ??? Hang in there Butch !!!
easyways

#58 · (Edited)
Nothing happening on this thread Butch so feel free to catch us up on your excitement , inquiring minds need to know buddy !!!
I wanna know what happend to butch's car too.
I dont know if i want to see the pictures though.
What a nightmare im guessing.
Utah 56
I am very interested in knowing what bad luck happened to Butch M in regard to his crashed 56 , so join me in encouraging him to get some pictures up and include the story of what happened to his racer ??? Hang in there Butch !!!
easyways
Apparently no interest Butch , Sorry for these lackadaisical slugs , I'm not surprised !!
At least you can be sure you have one worthwhile friend on this forum , Me : )

Steve

Attachments

#61 ·
Accidentally left a rag sitting on my header after doing some clean up recently. I drove off and began to smell something strange, but it went away shortly, so kept heading to the show. My buddy was following me, and when we got to the show he told me something came out from under my car that was smoldering, and really smoking!
I opened the hood to see that same black mark on my headers, and then remembered what I'd done. It cleaned up and painted over easily, so no harm. But could have been a disaster if it hadn't exited the engine bay!

#63 ·
progress ???

Have a good day friends
Got word this seat ( from Cerullo ) is finished and ready to ship , and have these side pipes bolted on , and I promise you nad427 it doesn't sound like 2 , 4 cylinders !! I will pull off those very offensive rusty brake rotors yet today and finish running the front brake lines , Dang !! I feel like I'm driving already !!!

Attachments

#64 · (Edited)
Got word this seat ( from Cerullo ) is finished and ready to ship , and have these side pipes bolted on , and I promise you nad427 it doesn't sound like 2 , 4 cylinders !! I will pull off those very offensive rusty brake rotors yet today and finish running the front brake lines , Dang !! I feel like I'm driving already !!!
This one will never see the track , that time is over now : ) This one is race inspired without question and has not the flavor of a wannbee racer , more like a racer that wants to be but won't have the opportunity due to the owners lack of wherewithal , Ha Ha !!! So If you see it out on the road screaming by ( with the sheriff close behind ) remember I mean no one any harm , just an old timer living out his memories , Ha Ha Ha !!!

Attachments

#68 · (Edited)
Have a good day friends
I'm in the spirit just now so I will suggest to watch this video , may not be allowed as it's to do with God and Country , but as this is my own little thread I reckon I'll give it a try , I do post about tri-five things all the time so it's not as if I'm a political sort of nuisance or anything !!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Makes my heart sing !!!!!

#72 · (Edited)
Phoenix nights ~

Hey , was just remembering a few years back ( maybe as much as 15 years back ) was downtown Phoenix for the annual night Park Central cruise night , my bro in law and sister were going through a very successful time and were what you might call pretty much high rollers in building and development !! Brother Jim had contracted with a very well thought of hot rod builder there in Phx for a top notch hot rod !!
He finally took delivery and was able to hang that night down at Park Central the gathering place for all those wanting to show off and show off , Ha !!
PPD ignored smokey burnouts and it was a great time for a few hours back then : ) I think now the liberals have mostly shut that fun down : (
Bro in law told me here take it and go out there and show off but I was to scared to hurt his 80.000 hot rod so I missed my chance , Ha !!
Oops , sorry folks I included the incredibly talented Carmen Miranda , always a delight and bonus came with food on her head !!!!!
Steve

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.