Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

throttle cable

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ffr1910 
#1 ·
all i like is throttle cable install and it started to unravel and it didnt stop, lol was thinking about getting a S.S. cable from lowes or something like that but how do i get the small ball on end ? i hate to wait till monday ,i want to get this thing started . any ideas ? i did have a Lokar cable

#2 ·
This may sound extremely stupid...However, would a cable with a good sized lead BB shot work temporarily.

#4 ·
Not familiar with your specific situation. Does it have to be a ball? I make ends to crimp out of small diameter steel rod in a lathe and drill a close fit hole to the cable into. Cut off the appropriate length to use. Crimp with heavy pliers. Made many for emergency brake cables (intermediate cable).

I have made a few for a throttle cable (carburetor application} for use at the pedal end where there is a lot of room. In this situation I shortened a cable but not at the carb end where there was a female snap socket as used on some Holley carbs as on '60s Chevy HP cars.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Looks good to me.

If you use the regular attachment method on the group, you don't need to host the pics anywhere. Then long from now when the photobucket pics may be gone we can still see them here. Just click on the "manage attachments" tab then click and search on your computer for the pics.

#10 ·
all done, man i was nervous, i was afraid i would have lights on, but all good i fill it with anti freeze and let it get hot and burp the extra out , man i am happy

thanks for all the help yet again, i sure hope some new person can learn from my lessons

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.