Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Front Seat Cushion Installation query

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Unkie 
#1 ·
I have a 1956 Chevy 4-door wagon. I am replacing the interior and am down to the front seat butt portion.
I have attached the photos of the Danchuk new foam and another photo of the old foam under the new foam.
I know that Danchuk said that you have to trim the foam for a 4 door wagon, but not sure the correct way to do that as I actually need a longer piece.
I could trim the side return lips and then use some of the old foam to wrap around the edges (sides) but was wondering what other people have done.

See less See more
#4 ·
I was not planning on using the old foam under the new, I just put it there to show the difference.

Worst case, I would trim an end section, but the foam just looks too short to me. Want to ask before I do anything to it

#5 ·
Hmmmm....are you attempting to install the backrest cushion onto the bottom frame? The curve of the new cushion in your pic should wrap over and partially behind the top of the backrest for 1955-56 cars. And the side lips, as you call them, wrap around the sides of the backrest.

I just looked at 2 different '56 4-door front seats that I have in storage and they both taper in slightly at the top. Would that explain why your new cushion looks too narrow when compared to the bottom frame?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.