Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

:confused0006 Installing new interior trim panels

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  55wagoncrazy 
#1 ·
I just purchased new interior panels and they came with the new windlace
around the doors.

I am at a loss how to install them, especially at the front of the door.

Are they glued on or do they have to be sewed onto something.

Does anyone have an address to a tutorial on installing them?

I am also wondering what padding I should use under the rear side panels covering the top cylinders:.

Thankyou. :confused0006

#7 ·
I am also wondering what padding I should use under the rear side panels covering the top cylinders:.

Thankyou. :confused0006
1/8 landau foam will work the best. The factory used a thin cotton wadding but I doubt you can locate it today.

#10 ·
You only staple into the tack strip. Professional staple guns will shoot a 1/4 inch long staple into the material and the tack strip. You never staple direct to metal.

The windlace retainers that are in the photo on your post, are the front side of the door. The windlace slides into a groove in these. No staples required.

#11 ·
Thanks 55Wagon......good to know.

My area of concern is the top of pillars behind rear seats (area "F" per drawing)

Are there tack strips at the very top of pillars? (picture looks like there is a staple directly into metal at very top)

Ace

#12 · (Edited)
That is what it would appear. HOWEVER, the upper rolled material is stapled through itself and the staples are folded over on the underside. This area was also glued before the staple was installed.

In the last photo you can see where the factory stopped the stitching.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.