Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Creative Modeling

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  mickeywestsr 
#1 ·
My Brother and I both enjoyed building models growing up. I still have one of my favorites that I built when I was about 8 years old. We would sometimes watch Figure 8 car racing on Saturday afternoons. I built a 57 Chevy as my vision of a Figure race car. Dad was not pleased with me stinking up the house when I used the hot knife method to create my car.
In later years when I was building real cars I sometimes build a diecast or plastic model to help with my design ideas. I still have many of those and am currently working on a couple of future wagon builds.
The color for my Custom 56 ElCamino was the result of a small 1/64th scale model I built. I have since acquired a larger Danbury Mint 56 Chevy that I will finish like my 56 and put it on the shelf with my other larger scale designs.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Very cool indeed!
Unfortunately I no longer have the cars I built as a youngster. I seem to recall an ex wife that destroyed them for revenge...

#10 ·
Super Models

I dug around my Garage and located 2 more unopened Models that I have had for over 30 years. That makes 3 to occupy my time as age slows me down.
Sitting on my Butt, inhaling Model Glue, Sipping Whisky and Creating Art sounds like a Perfect Retirement. I just hope I remember where I stash them until I get around to them. :bowtieb:

Attachments

#11 ·
I have 3 of the large models. One I bought completed to just add some class to my garage. The other 2 are in progress, one painted Viper red will be as close to my current 57 and the 3rd one will duplicate my first 57. I am also working on a red 1:16th scale. I have a black 1:16th that matches my original 57. I have 2 1:24th scale black and red and a 3rd sedan that matches a 57 I had in the late 60's that cost me $100 and sold for $150.

Enjoy the glue.:sign0020:

Picks are in my picturetrail under my signature.:bowtier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.