Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Grundy Insurance

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Randy 57 
#1 ·
I had contacted Heritage a while a go and they emailed the Grundy application to me. Thing is that they already checked the boxes that says it's not a daily driver, not in Rally's, not used for errands or a back up vehicle, has original engine and drive train. None of those are true. So If I tell the truth will my rates be really high or will they just turn me down?

Anyone have a similar situation and told the truth and how did it effect your rates?

I may have to stay with my regular State Farm insurance.

#3 ·
I have Grundy and told them exactly what I have in my car and its not stock at all, now I don't use it as a back up vehicle or in road rally's but I do drive it all the time to cruise ins and pleasure driving. Not sure what kind of rate your looking for but it will depend on what agreed value you want to insure it at.

#7 ·
I had contacted Heritage a while a go and they emailed the Grundy application to me. Thing is that they already checked the boxes that says it's not a daily driver, not in Rally's, not used for errands or a back up vehicle, has original engine and drive train. None of those are true. So If I tell the truth will my rates be really high or will they just turn me down?
Anyone have a similar situation and told the truth and how did it effect your rates?
I may have to stay with my regular State Farm insurance.
I'd sure like to see Larry to chime in here but if none of those are true, I don't think you will qualify for a policy with them at all. You might have trouble getting an agreed-value classic policy from anybody if the car is a daily driver and backup vehicle.

I don't understand the box for original engine and drive train though. That's crazy. I have a Grundy policy through Heritage and I don't remember that box being on my application. Was that one pre-checked too???

I do however remember the box for errands and that one bothered me and I discussed that with Larry.
I sometimes run an errand in my car to get a chance to take a pleasure cruise while doing it. So, I only do it when the weather is nice and don't do it in heavy traffic. I don't have to worry about rush hour traffic anyway since I live in a fairly small city.
I discussed this with Larry and he said I would not have a problem with a claim with what I do.

#10 ·
I'd sure like to see Larry to chime in here but if none of those are true, I don't think you will qualify for a policy with them at all. You might have trouble getting an agreed-value classic policy from anybody if the car is a daily driver and backup vehicle.

I don't understand the box for original engine and drive train though. That's crazy. I have a Grundy policy through Heritage and I don't remember that box being on my application. Was that one pre-checked too???
Yes that box was checked. I don't think I'm going to qualify, unless they have different policies for cars driven like mine. Maybe I should finish up the interior and get an appraisal myself to have it for State Farm in case anything happens. Then as I get a lot more of the body finished have it appraised again?

#13 ·
I previously bought my Grundy insurance through Heritage, but see no advantage to doing so. I went with stated value for both of my cars, sent photos, etc., and have been pleased with them thus far. I had an unfortunate incident of hitting a dog on the way home from Cruising the Coast a couple years ago, and the claim was handled fast and simply. During this incident, there was never a need to contact Heritage, so if you're interested, I'd just contact Grundy directly.

#14 ·
Key things with a Grundy or Hagerty policy.

No daily drivers.

Car must be garaged.

Make sure your "errands" include going to the auto supply or something related to repair or upkeep of your car. Just don't drive it to work or to take the kids to school.

You can drive as much as you want for pleasure.

Stay away from "stated value" policies, instead go with "agreed value". Grundy is generally "agree value", what you should have.

#16 ·
whay is the difference ? "stated value" policies, instead go with "agreed value". Agree as in writing maybe ? Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.