headlight switch install - TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice

Click here to see our full list of sponsors for all your Parts and Restoration Needs

Click here to find Out all of the Latest information on the Danchuk Tri-five Nationals


Go Back   TriFive.com, 1955 Chevy 1956 chevy 1957 Chevy Forum , Talk about your 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy - Belair , 210, 150 sedans , Nomads and Trucks, Research, Free Tech Advice > 55-56-57 Chevy Forum > Electrical Questions and Answers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Top Posters Mobile Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
HomePage Todays Post Mark Forums Read upcoming Events
Newsletter 55-56-57 Chevy Parts & Services Official Sponsors
Photo Gallery Garage Photos Trifive Classifieds Trifive on Facebook Calendar Tech Articles Arcade Oldies
Trifive Cards Car Certificate Trifive Brochure Help with Photos Website Help Videos Contact Us

Electrical Questions and Answers This is the place to ask all your question about electrical problems and instalation issues.

Parts on Ebay            
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
dodgesuperbee
Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 49
Member #35031
Default headlight switch install

Has anybody installed a 1959 to 63 headlight switch into a 1957 bel air with a painless custom harness? I was having headlight troubles and found that some of the wire had come off of the switch ,my problem is which wire goes to which pin on the headlight switch?If anybody has done this before I could use the help.
dodgesuperbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
acardon

Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert




 
acardon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southlake, Texas
Posts: 25,077
Member #1888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgesuperbee View Post
Has anybody installed a 1959 to 63 headlight switch into a 1957 bel air with a painless custom harness? I was having headlight troubles and found that some of the wire had come off of the switch ,my problem is which wire goes to which pin on the headlight switch?If anybody has done this before I could use the help.
ORANGE:14 gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SECTION B] #959 TO HEADLIGHT SWITCH (POWER B+);this wire supplies constant battery power for the park/tail lights as well as for the gauge backlighting. This wire comes from the 20amp STOP/TAIL fuse on the fuse block.
BROWN: 18gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCHB] #927TOFRONT PARK LIGHTS, this wire supplies power to the park lights. This wire has constant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to Park Light ON and,depending on your switch, the Headlight ON position.
BROWN: 14gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCHB] #929 TO REAR TAIL LIGHTS, this wire supplies power to the tail lights. This wire hasconstant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to both the park light ON and headlight ON positions.
BROWN:18gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCH B] #930 INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTING, this wire provides power to the gauge lights. This wire should have constant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to both the park light ON and headlight ON positions.
BLUE/YELLOW: 14 gauge wire, printed TO DIMMER SWITCH #907 TO HEADLIGHT SWITCH, this wire supplies power to the dimmer switch for headlight operation. This wire has constant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to the headlight ON position.
RED/BLACK: 12gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCH] #928 HEADLIGHT SWITCH (POWER B+);this wire provides constant battery power to the headlight switch for headlight operation. This wire comes from the 30 amp HEADLIGHT fuse on the fuse block.

__________________
Don
Sent from my 1981 IBM 5150 PC.
acardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
dodgesuperbee
Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 49
Member #35031
Default 1957 headlight switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by acardon View Post
ORANGE:14 gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SECTION B] #959 TO HEADLIGHT SWITCH (POWER B+);this wire supplies constant battery power for the park/tail lights as well as for the gauge backlighting. This wire comes from the 20amp STOP/TAIL fuse on the fuse block.
BROWN: 18gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCHB] #927TOFRONT PARK LIGHTS, this wire supplies power to the park lights. This wire has constant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to Park Light ON and,depending on your switch, the Headlight ON position.
BROWN: 14gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCHB] #929 TO REAR TAIL LIGHTS, this wire supplies power to the tail lights. This wire hasconstant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to both the park light ON and headlight ON positions.
BROWN:18gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCH B] #930 INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTING, this wire provides power to the gauge lights. This wire should have constant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to both the park light ON and headlight ON positions.
BLUE/YELLOW: 14 gauge wire, printed TO DIMMER SWITCH #907 TO HEADLIGHT SWITCH, this wire supplies power to the dimmer switch for headlight operation. This wire has constant battery power any time the headlight switch knob is pulled to the headlight ON position.
RED/BLACK: 12gauge wire, printed[HEADLIGHT SWITCH] #928 HEADLIGHT SWITCH (POWER B+);this wire provides constant battery power to the headlight switch for headlight operation. This wire comes from the 30 amp HEADLIGHT fuse on the fuse block.

thanks but that is for the 1964 chevy headlight switchs
dodgesuperbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
acardon

Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert




 
acardon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southlake, Texas
Posts: 25,077
Member #1888
Default

Page 73: https://www.painlessperformance.com/Manuals/10202.pdf

Painless says 60 up uses the same switch, but some places say 57 to 63 uses the same switch. ????
__________________
Don
Sent from my 1981 IBM 5150 PC.

Last edited by acardon; 11-21-2019 at 01:34 PM..
acardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
TheHotrodHandyman

Trifive Leaders Club


TheHotrodHandyman has made a donation to the forum!

 
TheHotrodHandyman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wilmington, Ma./Crystal River, Fl.
Posts: 14,130
Member #8438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgesuperbee View Post
Has anybody installed a 1959 to 63 headlight switch into a 1957 bel air with a painless custom harness? I was having headlight troubles and found that some of the wire had come off of the switch ,my problem is which wire goes to which pin on the headlight switch?If anybody has done this before I could use the help.
57-63 full size Chevy take the same switch.
__________________
-Bruce
TheHotrodHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
dodgesuperbee
Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 49
Member #35031
Default headlight switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgesuperbee View Post
thanks but that is for the 1964 chevy headlight switchs
I ordered a headlight switch from rock auto for a 1963 chevy 11 and it is different than the one in the picture you posted.
dodgesuperbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Click here to see our full list of sponsors for all your Parts and Restoration Needs

Websites
www.tri-5.com www.tri-fives.com www.trifive.com

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Information, 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Specifications, 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Resources, 1957 CHEVROLET BEL AIR Pictures, 1957 CHEVROLET 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 55 chevy pictures 55 chevy parts 55 chevy truck 55 chevy pickup 55 chevy nomad 55 chevy gasser 55 chevy pro street 56 chevy pictures 56 chevy parts 56 chevy truck 56 chevy pickup 56 chevy nomad 56 chevy gasser 56 chevy pro street 57 chevy pictures 57 chevy parts 57 chevy truck 57 chevy pickup 57 chevy nomad 57 chevy gasser 57 chevy pro street 55 chevy photos 55 chevy parts 55 chevy truck 55 chevy pickup 55 chevy nomad 55 chevy gasser 55 chevy pro street 56 chevy photos 56 chevy parts 56 chevy truck 56 chevy pickup 56 chevy nomad 56 chevy gasser 56 chevy pro street 57 chevy photos 57 chevy parts 57 chevy truck 57 chevy pickup 57 chevy nomad 57 chevy gasser 57 chevy pro street 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad belair Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five belair Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 belair chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy belair 57 chevy 1955 Chevy belair 1956 Chevybelair 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy belair 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five belair Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy belair 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy belair 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five Tri5 55 chevy 56 chevy 57 chevy 1955 Chevy 1956 Chevy 1957 Chevy Bel Air 210 150 and Nomad Tri-5 Tri-five 55chevy 55 chevy pictures 55 chevy parts 55 chevy truck 55 chevy pickup 57 chevy 55 chevy nomad 55 chevy gasser 55 chevy pro street Searches related to 57chevy 57 chevy pictures 57 chevy 57 chevy truck 57 chevy parts 57 chevy pickup 57 chevy nomad 1957 chevy Tri5