Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

*Sun Visor removal from SV Rod

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  55wagoncrazy 
#1 · (Edited)
Been trying to take apart my Sun Visors so I can dye them back to original color,and not the faded green they are on one side...When I pull the SV to remove it,it hits a metal sounding stop...This happenens after about 4 inches or so...What more do I have to do to get it off all the way?? Thanks,Alamo
PS: Forgot to say I have a 53 Chevy...
Sold my 56 Chevy...& my 52 Chevy Woody...

#3 ·
They will not pull out. They are made that way. The 4 inches you can pull out was the factory way they could be EXTENDED. Most don't even know you can extend them.

The metal that is stapled to the wood form is stamped so the rod will not pull all the way out, it is the designed STOP.

Mikey

#4 ·
Never would have thought that they were made
that way..So it looks like it will cost me some $$$ to have them restored..I think I will leave them as is...I did reverse them making the dark green sides show,and the faded side not show...Put the new chrome rod holders up today and they look good..Thanks for the great info..I was getting to think I was a 185lb weakling..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.