Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Master cylinder

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  1971BB427 
#1 ·
The master cylinder on my 57 BA, (from CPP) went out. Is there a GM master cylinder out there that fits the 57 kit that I have from CPP? This is the second MC from CPP and I don"t want to drive to LA again. Any suggustions? Or do I have to replace the whole kit with another aftermarket kit from a different vender?

#2 ·
No you dont have to use a cpp master cylinder, you can go to napa or another parts store and get a master cylinder you would be looking for one for a 69 camaro,nova chevelle ect. but you need to specify with power brakes, unless you have manual brakes.

#7 ·
55 Tony, Thanks. I was hoping to use the same lines that the car has. I also bought the disc brk conv line kit from cpp. I am looking for a 1 inch bore, line threads 1/2x20 and 5/16x18 general motors master cylinder and not an aftermarket mc. I also do not know if my mc is a deep or shallow mc. (short or long pin) I will be checking with napa tomorrow.

#11 ·
Not many Camaros had disc/drums those years, so get a Corvette master for disc/drums. You can find them with outlets on both sides, so you can use the original lines with maybe an adapter fitting, or slight tweaking. Might bolt right up too.
This is the Corvette master on my '39 Chev and it's got those same two outlets on the opposite side also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.