Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Standalone HArness Integration

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BO185 
#1 ·
I bought an incomplete LS swap project. It included a PSI standalone harness and an AAW Classic upgrade harness. My confusion is with the ignition/start wiring. The standalone calls for one wire to constant 12v and cranking 12v source. It has wiring to starter and coils. The AAW also has ignition wiring to starter,coil and key switch. Do I double wire to starter terminals and where do I connect single wire from standalone. May be making this harder than it is but could use some guidance.

#3 ·
I would consider the AAW harness as the "main" harness. Get this wired in. "ADD" the PSI harness to that. 12V constant and 12V switched (Ign) can be picked up in the accessories connector with no doubling of starter wiring.
Mark
You can't use the "accessories" connector to power the ECM harness. The accessory power drops in the start position. Use the pink wire from the ignition switch. The starter solenoid is energized from the ignition switch (sol) in the AAW harness. I don't know if the PSI harness has to be connected to the "sol" terminal also.

#5 ·
Thanks guys - Here is what I think I have figured out. AAW harness will be powered by red wire to starter which sends 12v to ignition switch. No solenoid or coil wires from AAW will be connected.. PSI standalone harness will be power by single wire to accessory terminal to get 12v constant and 12v cranking.. All other engine wiring is in PSI harness including start circuit. Does this sound right from those that have done this?

#6 ·
I would use the pink wire that normally goes to the coil to provide switched power to the PSI harness and the purple wire from the ignition switch to go to the S starter terminal to crank it. Constant power to the PSI should be run from the starters battery terminal.
Using the accessory plug is adding extra connections and every time a connector is added, it doubles the chance of failure.

#7 ·
The PSI 12v usally a red wire needs constant battery power. So hook to battery itself or starter batt terminal as mention. It need 12v constant to maintain fuel trims and idle speed learn. If its on an asscery wire that depowers with key it will not keep ecm memory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.